Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For self defense applications, would a second strike capability in a striker fired pistol have any real advantage over guns which do not have this feature?

Aside from the walther P99, what other polymer pistol has second strike capability, which allows shooter to squeeze trigger again in case of failure to fire?

·
Registered
566 Posts
The PT 145 Taurus has a second strike (or sometimes called repeat strike) capability...

A very good, cheap, and powerful yet lightweight pocket-size big-bore :thumbsup:autoloader!

·
Shock Resist
4,807 Posts
I would rather do a tap-rack-bang in case of failure to fire than to keep on pulling the trigger. Because you'll never now if the problem was really a primer failure. Just rack the slide to discard the faulty ammo.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
taurus has 2nd strike capability on 24/7 PRO pistols.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Go directly to TRB like fafa Faul said

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Go directly to TRB like fafa Faul said
Exactly. The chances of a good result on a new round are infinitely larger than a second chance on a failed round.

·
Banned
66 Posts
TRB is it, specially crucial in avoiding squib rounds that may cause KABOOOOM.

·
Notorious
1,988 Posts
Certain Sig models have the 2nd strike capability, as well as HK pistols like the P2000 and P2000SK

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If I'm down to a last bullet, in a hunting scenario and it must fire, it would be better to have second strike. Because it just might work, hard or loose primer or crud or whatever making it fail to ignite the first time around.

But in a self defense scenario, trb would be my primary malf clearance procedure.

Still, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it but not have it.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
One of the guys here found the second strike capability of his Jericho most useful, when he found himself with bad reloads during a match. These fired on the second (DA) whack, but he was most unhappy...

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think all DA-capable pistols can do a second strike.

Dyan talo ng revolver ang kahit anong pistol. If the round fails to fire, you can go through the motions of a second strike (pulling the trigger again) and get the end effect of a TRB ("chambering" a NEW round).

·
BOG's #1611
1,286 Posts
i think this second strike is for newbies in guns. since they don't know the drill in gun malfunction, generally they're natural reaction is to pull the trigger til the gun fires.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
maganda sana taurus for prod div. kasi instead of DA/SA baliktad sya, SA/DA sya, ang DA function nya is only for second strike on rounds that dont fire. kaso lang vince said "no".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts