close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

second hand golf clubs

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 10big, Dec 7, 2006.

1. 10big

10big BOG 1001

hello guys, where can i buy second hand golf clubs? i intend to use it for practice since this is my first attempt to play this sport... what brand is most practical for a newbie like me? hope somebody can help me... thanks

2. toxic

toxic

\

Gulp,Gulp,Gulp kase laru ko :supergrin: but here
    http://www.buyandsellph.com/buysell/cgi-bin/listads.asp?search=537
    http://classifieds.friendster.com/ph/ListAds/Forsale/2200/
    http://www.buyandsellplus.com/classifieds/item.php?itemid=76143

3. Wp.22

Wp.22

im selling my titliest golf clubs in kasama bag at ilang pirasong wood and drivers i'll take a picture of it and post ko dito.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i can sell my spalding set for 3.5k with golf bag, no sand wedge..i can't remember if i have a putter. ayaw sa akin ng golf e:)

5. jayjay00

jayjay00

Hi 10big,

I used to play golf competitively and here is my advice for a beginner to the sport

1. Brand doesn't matter when you are starting out. Just find the clubs that fit your budget. But the good top brands are Callaway, Taylor Made, Mizuno, Titleist, Ping to name a few if you are wondering anyways.

2. You don't need a whole set when you start out and learn. All you will need to bring to the range is a 3 wood and a 7/8 iron.

3. Take formal golf lessons. You can find good teaching pros in the public golf ranges like Fort Bonifacio or Villamor (assuming you are based in Manila). And stick with the pro. Don't keep on changing teaching pros too often because each teaching pro has their own theory on what a perfect golf swing is.

:)

6. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Hello, 10big.

There are 2 shops in Goldcrest, Glorietta which sells 2nd hand golf clubs. You may also try the pro shops at the driving ranges, sometimes they have 2nd hand golf sets.
    If you plan to hire a pro to teach you, ask him if he could direct you to someone who is selling his golf set. Golfers kasi sometimes upgrade their golf clubs from the one who have a large sweet spot to those that are forged or blade. Sometimes naman they buy the latest golf clubs with the latest technology to improve their distance and/or accuracy.

I agree with jayjay00, you only need to bring a few clubs in the driving range when you are starting out. Ako, 7 iron lang dala ko dati. Even now when i go to the range, i only bring a pitching wedge, 6 iron, and my driver.

If you are buying 2nd hand sets, tingnan mo yung grips kung mukhang bago pa yung grips or kung matigas na.

See you in the links.

7. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

I have a set of Adams with travel case. All graphite shafts. Driver with headcover included. The set is in Zambales. PM me for further.

8. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Calling all BOGs that golf and gulp. Let's play sometime in February or March. If someone could make arrangements for a tee time that would be nice.

9. New_comer

New_comer

Go to Proline. For only 7-8Th you'd get a good set of brand new Spalding starter clubs complete with woods and putter. A bag might cost you 1,500, all weather glove at 400, wide brimmed hat at 200, shades at 99, plastic tees for 30, puruntong shorts at 500, swatch golf shoe at 2300. Then you're all set. For an extra 2300, you can get a fine Proline titanium driver, pero saka na yun. Never ever be swayed by advertisements. You can bend a pipe into a club and still play good golf. It's you, never the equipment.

Practice till you can hit balls consistently forward, whatever the distance, basta abante, ok na. You're ready for the greens!

At the range, a bag of 10-12 used balls for 100 (Nike pa!) Green fee mga 1000 sa mga military courses (mahal pag weekend). 400-500 sa caddie. Play until you feel you won't quit in the long run, only then should you invest heavily in the game.

I've had my hand-me-down blade clubs since the day I started 9 years ago, and luckily never had the urge to buy new or branded, nor take lessons. Nakakapag-uwi din naman ng panalo kahit papaano... hehehe... :supergrin:

Pero kung talagang kuripot ka, like me, go visit the second hand shops at Evangelista in Bangkal Makati. For only 2-3Th, me clubs, bag, putter, saka magasin ka na agad. Libre pa sumbrero pag nagkataon. Malapit yun sa tulay just opposite the Equitable PCI branch. Madami dun, tiyagain mo lang. Even the pro shops get their loot from there, as these come mostly from expats. If you're really lucky, baka callaway pa makuha mo.

Hope this helps...

10. tagaykoyan

tagaykoyan

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

Sama ako dyan fafa jerry! Kahit na kinakalawang na golf swing ko, pwede ba mulligan? hahahaha!

by what date will you be here next year???

12. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

13. 10big

10big BOG 1001

whew! thanks for all the replies guys... :hugs:

sir toxic, thanks for the links...

sir Wp.22, will wait for your post

sir 9mx, sent you pm

sir jayjay00, i'll keep in mind all your advice

sir pepe g boy, will try to visit glorieta during the weekend, thanks

sir jerrytrini, sent you pm

sir newcomer, i think there is a proline here in robinsons metro east. i'll visit them soon

sir tagaykoyan, i saw the site and the clubs look nice... i'll definitely consider callaway!

sir eyecutter, sana pagdating ni sir jerrytrini mejo magaling na ako pumalo hehehe, otherwise baka mainis lang kayo sakin...

14. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Sali ako dyan. Can I declare my handicap as 36? hehe

15. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Was in Shanghai and my friend, a golfer, bought a brand-new set of Callaway clubs plus a golf bag and all that for a very low price. Not orig. of course, but he uses them now and apparently they are good enough. Just an option.

16. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Callaway filed a lawsuit some years ago about Callaway knock offs coming from China. Be careful. These knock offs even have serial #'s.
    Best advice I could give you is get a starter set. Golden Bear, Spalding, Wilson. The PGA at a local club recommended Golden Bear by Jack Nicklaus, and my wife and I have been swinging these clubs for 3 years now and loving them.
    Used clubs are okay as long as you know what you are looking for.

If you want, I could purchase a set of irons for you in the US or you may buy my set already in the Philippines.

17. jayjay00

jayjay00

I have seen those Callaway knockoffs from China... Grabe they look so real...

18. tagaykoyan

tagaykoyan

sir 10big, pls note that the callaway big bertha II clubs that i'm selling are not knockoffs. :thumbsup: they were bought at a local sporting goods dealer. iniwan sya ng brother ko who recently migrated to the US

19. tagaykoyan

tagaykoyan

20. 10big

10big BOG 1001

sir jerrytrini, i presume that the callaway knock offs from china look just the same. if so what is the major difference from the original ones? weight? material? durability? dimensions? how can you know???