Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

An armed man who led police on a wild and dangerous chase while carjacking vehicles and opening fire on officers before being killed by police has been identified as 35-year-old Raymond Azevedo, according to the King County Medical Examiner.

From Reddit.com: "For those who want some context... This guy began his carjacking spree in downtown Seattle. He continued north to University of Washington where he crashed the first car. He set out on foot, entering the UW Tennis Center. I met him in the lobby where he pulled his guns on me (my kids, five other adults) and demanded keys. He took my car, before trading it out for the Camaro... Shortly thereafter, the chase footage begins."

The suspect carjacked at least two vehicles, fired at pursuing police and careened into multiple vehicles, said Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole.

His motive in the carjackings and shootout are not yet known.

Added: Police said Azevedo pulled out two hand guns at several downtown businesses, carjacked three vehicles from drivers and opened fire on officers before the fatal shootout at Northeast 68th Street and 35th Avenue Northeast in Seattle's Wedgewood neighborhood.

Azevedo has been convicted of ten felonies, including eluding police, unlawful possession of a firearm and stealing a car. His rap sheet also includes ten gross misdemeanors, including driving under the influence and six more misdemeanors.

·
Problem Solver
12,751 Posts
Bye bye SOB.

Almost looks like he was trying to burn a doughnut there at the end. Go out in style. Not.

·
Registered
13,675 Posts
Clearly, those officers should be fired and charged immediately; That young man was just about to turn his life around, go back to school, he didn't bother nobody, and he was unarmed, since the cops planted them guns.....

Another example of the militarization of the police, and how they trample peoples rights without probably because or even excellent circus pants .:couch:

·
Banned
5,210 Posts
Couple comments.

Did that officer rear end him that hard on purpose or was he just not able to stop? I assume the former, but it does look like he put a hole in his radiator doing so. I know that sometimes officers might attempt to disable the other vehicle, but is it SOP to do it even if you disable your own squad car?

That poor girl must have been scared ****less lol.

Remind me to never buy a car that has been used in police service. No matter how cheap.

Looking at the bad guy's criminal record, I don't feel bad that he finally wound up dead.

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,489 Posts
Remind me to never buy a car that has been used in police service. No matter how cheap.
I drove fire engines for 30 years. NEVER buy a used emergency vehicle of any kind. They had a tough life while in service.

Reactions: Edge767

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,852 Posts
A career criminal's retirement party?

Reactions: Edge767

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,852 Posts
That poor girl must have been scared ****less lol.
She would have been scared more. If she knew the cars provide good concealment, but poor cover.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Love the hottie jumping out the SUV near the end.

That video had it all, high speed car chase, a cool sports car, a gun fight, a hot chick, and the good guys won in the end.

Just like an old cowboy movie.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
The guys rap sheet shows what's wrong with the justic system, he should of been gone for life way back. It was as exciting as any movie though with a great ending.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts