Seattle is lost

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Oldschooltube, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Council, as a legislative branch of city government, can pass legislation and budgets,” Gonzalez said. “But we cannot force the mayor to spend or not spend as we have directed.”

If this is true, what is the point of the vote? :dunno:

2. Aurora

Aurora

As usual, there is more to local politics than the media reports on.

Many of the members of the Seattle City Counsel had very, very close elections last time around. They faced competition from Amazon funded candidates and it seemed that many were going to lose their seat from early election returns. They won by the slimmest margins from ballots mailed towards the end of the mailing deadline.

The City Counsel is most likely after Amazon's scalp for sponsoring the competition, hence the new head tax. Many residents of Seattle side with these people since they dislike the changing character of the city They're also working to solidify their political hold on Seattle.

So yes, the close election scared the crap out of them.

V.

bdcochran likes this.

3. jr24

jr24

Got inlaws in Seattle and just last year my wife and young son went to visit.

That ain't happening again any time soon.

4. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

I wouldn’t count on it. They never seem to learn.

5. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

Probably the best thing that could happen to that crap hole right now is if the mafia took over.

6. fastbolt

fastbolt

I don't think the city will have to worry about making these things happen, as they'll probably be able to easily achieve those goals (and even greater numbers) as various staff at all levels start looking for exit strategies. (Applying to other agencies, retirements, finalizing disability retirement claims, etc.)

You'd think someone in Seattle would remember what happened to San Jose PD when that former mayor pushed to cut their retirement and pay.

Oh well.

bdcochran likes this.
  7. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

Sounds good in theory, but experience shows the vermin known as the (D)ummies will look to harvest the productive fields once they have ruined their own crops. Idaho, Montana are next - they have already ruined Nevada. It is now a corrupt (D)ummy stronghold.

bdcochran and jr24 like this.
  8. fastbolt

fastbolt

I just got back from spending a month on the north outskirts of Seattle, at the far end of the city from the troubles they're experiencing. If you stay to the neighborhoods and commercial areas on the other end of the city you don't really notice anything amiss or out of the ordinary. Sure, lots of BLM signs posted on businesses and houses.

Of course, this time I made it a point to stay out of the downtown area, unlike during many of our other trips to the PNW/Seattle area over the years.

I'd still like to eventually look at some property in either the Edmonds or Shoreline areas, if we ever find we're able to get out of CA sometime. :) Maybe even a bit further north. Depends.

9. Duramaxsky

Duramaxsky

You are wrong he is totally stupid. He is the least intelligent elected official I have ever seen,. He makes AOC look like a genius.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

10. Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

I hate to brag, but I was born in Seattle. Left when I was five, never been back. Way ahead of the curve!:cowboy:

'Course now I'm in California...:dunno:

11. Duramaxsky

Duramaxsky

I am the opposite. I was born in Kalifornia and have lived in Washington since I was 10. It's still better live in Washington although not in Seattle. It's not near as bad just outside Seattle city limits. And Culp may win. People here who voted for Insley are angry and are voting Culp. I have been wearing my Insubordinate shirt everywhere on weekends. I have had a lot of positive comments. No negative comments. Many positive comments are from people who seem like they should be on the other side. And people are registering to vote in huge numbers because they feel like the Culp movement is so strong their vote may matter this year. The right and normal people are very energized this year here.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Dr. Bill likes this.