close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Seattle Area Shops?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by PUREVIL, Dec 22, 2004.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL

Hi I dont know if this is the proper place for this post so mods/admin if its not can you please move.

I recently moved to Vancouver BC and I'm a dual citizen, I frequent the Seattle area and I was curious where are the good gun shops in town? I usually go to Seattle (Lynnwood area) to hit up motorcycle shops looking for gear but I'd like to maybe do some gun shopping as well. Any links, info, etc would be really nice, thanks.

2. tomkatz

tomkatz

The two I use are a little further south but worth the drive....Bens Loan in Renton and Federal Way Discount Guns have the best prices and good customer service, and both are well stocked......tom

3. SIGSAREBETTER

SIGSAREBETTER Teh Pieman

+1 on Fed Way Disc Guns.....worth the drive.

4. PUREVIL

PUREVIL

Thank you very much, but could I trouble you guys with an address???

5. SIGSAREBETTER

SIGSAREBETTER Teh Pieman

33120 Pacific Hy S
    Federal Way, WA 98003 - 6443
    (253) 927-5229

Across the street from Pac Coast Ford.

6. PUREVIL

PUREVIL

Thanks again!!!!

7. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

But how will you get the guns back to Vancouver???? ;f

8. PUREVIL

PUREVIL

Well I haven't thought about that part yet..... does washington require a carry permit to transport like in Vancouver? Because in ND you not required any licenses,permits, etc etc.

9. SIGSAREBETTER

SIGSAREBETTER Teh Pieman

You're more then welcome.

WA issues only permits to carry concealed handguns, unloaded weapons in the trunk or separate compartment of a motor vehicle are legal to transport.

Getting most types of weapons back into Canada from the US seems like a formidable obstacle. Make sure you fully understand all applicable statutes and regulations.

10. PUREVIL

PUREVIL

OH yea totally I posted in the non glock forum trying to see the specifics, I'm trying to bring my Desert Eagle over right now. I have the canadian side covered, its the American side I worry about. No one seems to have a straight answer, some say you have to export it, some say you dont. Actually I'll be honest the only thing I'd to bring over aside from my Desert Eagle is a flair launcher for a future AR purchase, flair launchers are like 3000 CDN a pop in canada but in the US they are only like 200 to 300 bucks. If its not hard to bring over I may bring a few over and try and sell them for 2000. I've always wanted one and at 300 thats not to bad, but 3000 is a lil much IMO.

Thanks for clearing up on the rules of transport. Thats similar to North Dakota.

11. Paradox

Paradox

You might want to stop in at Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland. Great prices and none of the arrogant BS you get in many other Seattle area shops. They are a family run shop and treat their customers right.

Discount Gun Sales

BTW: I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer.

12. Cryhavoc

Cryhavoc Gunaholic

Frank and his boys, who run discount gun sales in kirkland are good people, but since they compete with Wades Eastside guns, their prices are higher than shops down south such as Federal Way Discount Guns and The Marksman in Puyallup.

If you go to Wades, ask for John Clark. Nice guy and will discount the prices for you if you ask.

If you go to The Marksman, you will get more for your trade-in over MO and guys at Fedway discount. Dave, Russ and Mike at THE MARKSMAN are all Good people.

Mo at Fedway Discount does stick by his discount theme and will beat anyone's price by say 5%.

YMMV of course. It helps to have established relationships over the years with the gun stores.

13. glockfoo2u

glockfoo2u foo Glockfoo

Have you stopped in in to kesslrings gunshop off I-5 in alger ? It is about an hour closer than Seattle area , and there are a few people there that could help you getting your fire arms across the boarder.

14. PUREVIL

PUREVIL

Hey guys I went to Federal Way Discount Guns in Federal Way and Discount Guns in Kirkland... you guys are right they were both great shops. It was kinda funny to see 2 employees at Federal Way with holstered guns. But they were really great places and I want to thank you guys for the recommendations.

15. tomkatz

tomkatz

You only need to worry if you're a badguy and ya see those guns OUT of the holster ;);f ......tom

16. Cryhavoc

Cryhavoc Gunaholic

Frank and his sons over at Kirkland discount gunsales don't wear sidearms that I have seen, but everyone at Fedway and at the Marksman wear sidearms. Its part of the business. It shouldn't come as a surprise to see gun store employee's with a holstered weapon.

What you don't see, overtly that is, is the loaded carbine within easy reach at Fedway and The Marksman.. Laying in wait in case someone stupid enough to try to rob a gun store show's up.

I remember a sign over the gun counter at Ben's Loans that simply says

"WE DON'T CALL 911"

:)

17. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

Central Gun Exchange
    1016 1st Ave
    Seattle WA
    98104-1008

206-624-0430

They're in downtown Seattle and I have always had good service there.