close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seattle-Area Host Club Needed To Replace Shelton

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JonInWA, Jan 7, 2007.

1. JonInWA

JonInWA

I spoke with Scott Gilbertson at GSSF on Friday regarding the 2007 Pacific Northwest area projected GSSF schedule. He had just found out last week that the Shelton Rifle and Pistol Club has just lost their lease, and subsequently will not be able to host their traditional mid-August GSSF match. This is unfortunate; the Shelton Club did an outstanding job in running the GSSF matches that I've attended there, and they were literally one of the "plankowner" original GSSF matches...I told Scott that I'd raise the issue alerting potential area clubs that there's a gap needing to be filled, and that GSSF is willing to do their part to expedite it. The Shelton match has traditionally had a pretty strong turn-out, so there are certainly benefits to be derived for the host club. On www.gssfonline.com there is a request packet that would need to be filled out and sent to GSSF to get the ball rolling. It sounds like that the Glock hierarchy will be pretty preoccupied with the SHOT show this week, but Scott would be their point of contact for match scheduling-I'm sure that he'd return calls addressing this issue on a timely basis. Hopefully, some of you are linked to a area club that would be interested in picking up the slack and facilitating a Seattle-area GSSF match this summer.

Best, Jon Stein

2. Morris

Morris CLM

Well that is sad news! It was actually a very nice range to have the competition at. The challenge is getting a range in the Seattle area that would support something like this. I'd love to see it at Marty's FAS facility but he is very busy with his classes on the weekends. Doubt Renton F&G would do it. Kenmore won't because they have restrictions and some other stuff (I know - I am a member there - some fuddy duddies on the board). No indoor range big enough. Doubt it could be run at something like SPAA (liability plus other things). Plantation?

East of the mountains, there are places but the one I am familiar with for size and support is Sun Valley east of Moxee. Don't know the people though and August is hot out there (our instructor training there in July is hot enough!).

Biggest bummer is that I just got the department pistol team put together and was anticipating going to Shelton as a team.

3. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

It seems to me that Renton F&G would be the most likely. Why do you think they are not a likely candidate????

4. Morris

Morris CLM

Summer plus the IDPA matches. Just a hunch, nothing firm.