close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Seattle Area Fishing - Tips On Lakes

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by duncan, Aug 21, 2004.

1. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Took my three sons fishing last week up near Arlington, WA at the Twin Lakes or Gissberg Ponds.

Early morning around 10am, the boys started getting some nice bites in the north side of the south pond in the middle under the trees.

An hour later we had caugth five bluegills averaging 6" each. Fried them up for dinner. Very proud of them.

Went fishing at Lake Rasssmussen in Duvall off of the shore. No bites but good casting practice Just bought a Berkely cherrywood graphite opne case rod and reel and having a blast with the casts.

Lake Rassmussen is fun but you need a boat as you have to cast hard to 30 yards to get into water six feet deep.

If anybody knows of any local lakes with good shore fishing, let me know.

Want to keep the boys catching some fish so they continue to love the sport.

2. J. Parker

J. Parker

Sorry I can't help with the west side but Grant county (central Washington) is some of the best fishing in the state. The Sun Lakes area north of Soap Lake is great for young folks. You'll get 12" to 14" Rainbows with just about every cast. We like Blue Lake. You can stop or camp along side the road and throw your powerbait in. Easy. My 16 yr old stepdaughter loves the Sun Lakes area. We also like Lake Wenatchee north of Leavenworth. Once again good Rainbow action. You might want to try www.nwfishing.com. Best, John

3. duncan

I think I heard about the Soap Lakes heading to Colville for turkey hunting last spring.

I'll check it out.

4. Tommy Gunn

Tommy Gunn 1911 user

Go to the Des Moines fishing pier on Puget Sound in late October during evening hours. The squid fishing is great.

5. duncan

Give me more information Tommy Gun!

Love to fish for different things!

BTW - I'ma big 1911 nut too. Have a Kimber Classic in matte SS in 45 ACP with Rosewood grips and adjustable sights. Also a Springfield 1911 in 9mm blue with zebrawood grips.

Just sold a Kimber Custom matte SS in 40SW. Planned to buy 10mm barrel but with a G20 and a SW610 - didn't shoot it much.

1911s are best with low pressure or low recoil rounds for that awesome accuracy.

Had to go OT for a minute.

Anyway, Tommy Gun - fill me in. Nver fished off of a pier in my life - from Ohio for God's sake! Lakes only so far.