Seattle: adding insult to real world injuries

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

Would it be excessive force to equip police with tranquilizer darts? Shoot all the looters with armloads of Gucci purses and the happy window breakers and firebombers and anyone with a skateboard...knock them down and come back and collect them later.

Oh what's the point? Just let them yell obscenities at the police and try to kill them...and let them go on about their beeswax.

2. DNA

DNA

I guess the PD should just do what the politicians and the citizens want. Next riot, hang out at the station house, cruise GT or play mobile phone games and refuse to respond to anything.

Go and let the city burn.

Dan

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

And what the hell was a child doing at a riot?

TBO, jimcorbin, Pennsyltucky and 3 others like this.
  4. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

How else do you teach the child to loot?

5. Aurora

Aurora

I live in Seattle, I guess some would like to hear the strange things I've seen lately;....

Naked people, running down the middle of the street. I think this is the new way homeless people get help. People do stop their cars and try and help them out.

I saw a couple of guys beating the crap out of some homeless guy who said something he shouldn't have. I don't want to say certain things,... but you would be surprised at who just stood there and watched. People are really tired of these people's crap.

I rode by a group of big guys doing a pig pile on some homeless guy. The three were pinning the guy down until the cops showed up. The homeless guy was screaming "I didn't do anything to.....".

Maybe people are starting to take some of the law into their own hands here...... to some degree or another.

It's very difficult for me to get a handle on the state of the economy in downtown Seattle, IIRC, there have been 150 businesses that have closed for good during the Covid lockdown. I can't say - I'm usually good at sizing this stuff up.

V.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Jade Falcon and MinervaDoe like this.
  6. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I hope the "good" folks in Seattle wake up and either leave or organize and vote the bums out!

7. Pete Perfection

Pete Perfection

Vote for liberals. Get liberal rules. Maybe at the polls they will wake up.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  8. Glock45Lover

Glock45Lover

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

They make good photo ops and if they get hurt you can rake in some riot-dollars by suing the police.

10. XNavyvet71

XNavyvet71

Human Shield.

knoxvegasdaddy and Jade Falcon like this.
  11. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

How can ANYONE excuse what has happened to Seattle? Entirely done by incompetent leadership. Why is the mayor still in office? I blame the citizens who have allowed this. We CAN reign in poor leadership, but the citizenship has to get up off their asses...

glock collector and Jade Falcon like this.
  12. Aurora

Aurora

I don't blame the Mayor that much. She has been opposed to LE cuts and she didn't want Chief Best to leave.

The big problem is the rabid City Counsil. The barely got reelected last time around after running against Amazon sponsored candidates. A lot of us think they're out for payback.

V.

fastbolt and Morris like this.
  13. thewitt

thewitt

I have no pity for the Emerald City. They have received exactly what they voted for.

I used to love to visit Seattle, having grown up south of there. It was a wondrous place, with the Seattle Center, Pioneer Square, the Farmers Market, Pier 51...

Now it's just another Democrat run ****hole.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Elections have consequences.

Morris and fastbolt like this.
  15. Aurora

Aurora

Seattle has always been a left leaning town. The big downward spiral started in 2007 when a large number of tech workers started moving in. The cost of living got so high that blue collar workers couldn't stay any longer. They were the ones who gave the city some semblance of sanity. The only people left now are hardcore progressives.

Strangely enough, Seattle is no longer a multicultural city anymore. The proverbial "people of color" have been driven out along with the blue collar workers.

A word to the wise; anytime you have tech moving into your geographic area, you WILL see a sharp turn to left in terms of politics. Texas is probably in the process of experiencing this since Apple moved in.

V.

Morris, fastbolt and Jade Falcon like this.
  16. jhooten

jhooten NRA Life Member

Silicone valley companies have been moving to for 30 years or more now. It is so bad the west side of town has been dubbed Silicone Hills.