close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

seated bullets/oal

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jundeleon, Jul 20, 2004.

1. jundeleon

jundeleon

I have some armscor ammo 45acp whose bullets end up being seated deeper into the cartridge case after being loaded and extracted from my para?

Is this a bullet defect or there's something wrong with my gun?

Is it safe to fire ammunition rounds in which the bullet is pushed inward of the case resulting to shorter than standard overall length?

2. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

That's definitely a bullet defect, not enough crimp. I wouldn't shoot those loads to be safe as shortening the OAL due to bullet setback will and does increase the cup pressure generated. Factory ammo is usually loaded to near maximum PF so the corresponding increase in pressure due to shortened OAL may raise it to dangerous levels. That's probably a bad batch and you should probably inquire about having it replaced.

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

doc T is right, it might damage your gun. just return them to armscor, they will replace it if its their reload/make. i always do that, even for deformed primers.

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

1. is it factory ammo and your carry ammo? that happens usually with the first round of your magazine. all ammo will seat lower when the bullet gets chambered and extracted repeatedly. Bumabangga and slug sa barrel ramp when you load. it gets pushed in slowly until you notice it is shorter than the other bullets. discard the short round and rotate your chambered bullet when you carry.

2. are you using reloads? and old brass? then the brass are shot and need to be resized. Nakabuka na sa open end. time to replace it.

5. jundeleon

jundeleon

eyecutter

yes its factory ammo, not reloads. armscor. I always rotate my rounds. Its not my carry round. My para is only for occassional shoots.

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

all the more reason for armscor to replace it!