Searching for "launcher" utility

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DesertEagle, Apr 22, 2007.

1. DesertEagle

DesertEagle OH HELL MY HEAD CLM

I would like ot know if there is a program out there, preferably freeware, where I can make a list of programs and then choose which to launch. This would be for Windows XP.

Like let's say I have 4 copies of a particular software, located in 4 directories. I want to have 1 desktop icon that says "X2" for me to click on, but when I do it brings up a menu asking do I want to launch "X2 beams mod," "X2 DDRS Mod," "X2 Base Game," etc.

Then I somehow indicate which copy I want to launch, and it goes to appropriate /proggy files/x2[a,b,c,d] and runs x2.exe

Kinda doubt if something like this exists that it would be freeware, but if it is payware let me know a price. Also prefer something I can at least get a demo of before having to shell out cash.

Hope the minds of GT have answers for me. Google searches didn't yeild many results (read anything useful). Closest I seemed to find were programs to batch-launch a bunch of exe's at once, which is not at all what I need. I need to pick just 1 of x number of possiblilites and then autolaunch that one, instead of having 4 different icons. Sure I could just make an x2 folder on my desktop, and throw all the shortcuts in there; but that's so inelegant.

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

3. greenlead

greenlead

Couldn't you just modify the Start menu?

4. stratocastor80

stratocastor80 NM FTW

If you know visual basic at all, this would be very simple to make a little program to do. If not, you could always make a little batch file that would do this, no fancy GUI, but the little dos box will work just the same. Just google how to make a batch file laucher. Should be pretty strait forward