Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to carry a 9mm...

For a while it was a Taurus 709 slim, then a Bersa BP9CC, then a M&P Shield, even a Kahr CM9 for a while (was happy with each)

For the last year it's been the Shield in cal. .45

Now I'm ready to look for another 9mm single stack... (Adult children have inherited most of the others)

Looking for thin, light and reliable

I'm interested in what you folks like... It will give me more ideas and reviews to read/watch

Glock 43 is one possibility... Hope to hold one tomorrow and see if it is the right choice

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Glock 43 Springfield XDS. I like the Springfield better. For me the Springfield is more comfortable to shoot and has better sights. Also the Springfield comes with an extended mag that's good for backup or H/D. The downside is its not as light as the Glock.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Here's what I've got in single-stack 9mm: a G43 and a SIG P225 (old version; SIG has a new P225 and a P239, which might be considered similar).

For a small 9mm, what I like to carry is a G26.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I think the thinnest and lightest probably is the Kimber M9. 7+1 carries AIWB like my G42, which is saying something.

The PM9 on paper looks like a G42 size wise, but is thicker in the slide, feels blockier on, but again is a very thin light 9mm single stack. The G43 is a wonderful all around 9mm single stack, just a little thicker and heavier than the two above.

It took me a long time (and thousands of rounds) to get my splits down to the G43 and Kimber times with my PM9, but the trigger while long in both pull and reset, is butter smooth with a nice clean break, something you would pay a lot for in a revolver.

I frankly don't think you can go wrong with any of those three. I shoot the Kimber M9 best, but you do have the thumb safety to consider. If you were a 1911 guy for a long time, then the Kimber will just seem perfect.

If you want a more "draw and bang" manual of arms the Glock or PM9 will suit you best. If you want a revolver like trigger in your carry gun, the PM9 is perfect, If you like Glocks, G43 can't be beat.

·
Registered
17,529 Posts
I've had a pm9 since 2009, and until the G43 came out never considered looking for another single-stack 9mm. But the p365 is coming, and while it may not be a single-stack its specs put it in that category and with 10+1 capacity. I'm waiting to see how the p365 pans out ... if owner reports are still positive by later this year, I'll be buying one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve owned the XDS 3.3 9mm, shot the Shield 9mm quite a bit, and have been carrying a G43 for a bit now. The XDS was a reliable gun but I couldn’t hit crap with it for some reason. My dad’s Shield has been reliable and accurate. I’ve really been liking my G43 and will be sticking with it. It might be a subcompact but I can still group comfortably with it at 7 yards. I’m not really a great handgun shooter anyways, though.
Pink Clock Illustration Circle Magenta

·
Registered
474 Posts
For $500 on preorder (https://interstateguns.com/sig-sauer-p365-365-9-bss.html) the Sig P365 looks like the leader in this category. 10+1 capacity in a sub compact is hard to pass up.

Having said that, even if I could buy a P365 (I live in California), I would keep my 43. I really enjoy shooting my 43 and its a Glock, I know how to fix it should something happen. It is not as small as the 42 but I think it is small enough to carry (AIWB or IWB). But I live in Los Angeles and ordinary citizens cannot obtain a carry permit.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts