Searching for a holster

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 05fatboy, Aug 16, 2015.

1. 05fatboy

05fatboy

Anyone have any knowledge on Wright Leather Works predator pancake owb holster? I am looking to buy a holster to carry my G19.

2. thesilverbullet

thesilverbullet

Audiman77 likes this.

3. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

I have a Predator for my P2000 and it is a well made, quality OWB holster.

4. Cred's Cariad

Cred's Cariad

I had a Predator made for a HK USP and one of their belts. I traded the USP, but still have the holster (with plans for another USP...) the belt is my EDC gun belt; it is simply fantastic.

5. Audiman77

Audiman77

Second the Zorn skinny rig. Although I carry most of my pistols in different Incog holsters. Tend to hold the pistol closer to the body

thesilverbullet likes this.
  6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Stick with your original idea of a pancake for secure carry. Single clip holsters are not only unstable, but are easily knocked out of your waistband and are prone to movement around your beltline. I can suggest several well named holstermasters, but don't want to crap in your post since you mentioned a certain manufacturer and have never heard of them.

7. Audiman77

Audiman77

I've been carrying appendix plainclothes for 15 years and have never had my holster fall out. And I work in Baltimore. Lots of fights, no lost holster or gun.

thesilverbullet and HGxyz like this.
  8. HGxyz

HGxyz

Same - without the fights, plain clothes, or Baltimore. I use a no clip holster. Carrying in front eliminates a lot of potential problems.

thesilverbullet and Audiman77 like this.
  9. 05fatboy

05fatboy

What suggestions might you have? I liked the look of the Wright Leather Works holster because they have that old school leather look that I like.

10. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Milt Sparks, Greg Kramer, Gary Brommeland, or if you want an old style look with modern features, the best is Tucker. These are not appendix holsters. These are top quality leather either IWB or OWB. I'm thinking you want a Tucker. Stupendous retention with a smooth draw. His unique front flap is very secure yet doesn't bind. My favorite of his is the HF1. Look at all his options too. Cost should be no factor in a good holster, and don't forget the most important part of comfortable stable carry, the belt.
    www.tuckergunleather.com

11. Audiman77

Audiman77

I've been using a remora for years when I go running. They hold up surprisingly well

12. thesilverbullet

thesilverbullet

no problem with my single clip skinny rig. i have the deep ride option and it's as secure as my dbl clip holsters.

but i can grab it a go much much faster than my dbl clip hybrid. if i need to leave it in my truck, i can remove it and install it very quickly. this is not feasible with the dbl clip iwb holsters.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Audiman77 likes this.
  13. Sombra

Sombra

I have two holsters from WLW. One is a Cobra hybrid for my HK VP9. Another is a single clip cruiser tuck for my M&P Shield. The Cobra is just like the Predator, but also allows for IWB carry. I'm selling the cruiser tuck because it doesn't suit my carry method.

Both holsters are beautiful! I mean really gorgeous and well made. My only disappointment is that the Cobra doesn't adequately cover the trigger guard of my VP9 in my opinion. There's a sizable gap. Others have said I'm being paranoid. When I raised it with WLW, they brushed me off. This isn't an issue with the holster they made for my Shield.

That said, if WLW assured me that their holster would properly and completely cover the trigger guard, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Also, consider Nightingale Leather.