Search Function Disabled again?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Glockster35, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Glockster35

Glockster35 Silvrst8hlstr

Is it just me or are others not able to search?

2. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

For details, please read the message at the top of any forum page, titled "Search & Server Problems / Paid Tier Memberships Now For Sale -- Please Read". :)

4. xaosflux

xaosflux

Nothign on top of my page about search issues, is there an ETA on this?

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

The original message has been replaced, but here is part of it:

https://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=735460

Excerpt: "Many of you probably noticed the down time last night. The primary database server has been acting up for a while and suffered a more serious problem last night. I have transferred its duties to a backup server, that is newer, but not as powerful. As before, the problem occurred with the use of the most resource-intensive function of the site: The search function. The search index table is once again corrupted and it will take some time to rebuild it. Due to the amount of time it will take to re-index the search system, I am not going to do so until I have upgraded GT to the newest forum of the vBulletin software that powers it, preparatory to the paid tier launch. I am hoping to have the software upgrade accomplished by this weekend. Until then, I will turn the search function back on, but it will only be indexing and searching recent messages. I apologize for the inconvenience."

And since then:

https://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=738609

Excerpt: "Hi folks. My trip to Texas over the weekend got cancelled, so I was sitting down Saturday morning to work when I started having chest pain. It got bad pretty rapidly and I called 911. I was admitted to the hospital and when my cardiac enzymes came back elevated, they did an angiogram. They found a problem and repaired it. Aside feeling like I had a telephone pole shoved into my groin, I general sense of blahness and numerous patchy bald spots, I am back home and on the mend. I was just discharged a couple of hours ago.

It was a minor attack and they tell me I will recover just fine. It won't even slow me down that much. You have to love modern medicine. I will be back working tomorrow morning and although this will slow me down a bit, this shouldn't have much impact on the time-lines I originally mentioned."