GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The sights are small, but I'm not going to engage anyone at 50 yards...not likely at least.

I don't think you understand.....

The 1911A1 is a direct reproduction of a U.S. WWII G.I. pistol.

If it had larger sights.... It would not simulate authentic.

That's the way they were, that's the way they made it.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
If you want to play sojer, the SDS Tisas Army is pretty close to USGI 1911A1.
The ejection port is only a little too large and the trigger is only a little too long, and it actually has an arched mainspring housing, will wonders never cease.

A friend has a commercial type Tisas with Novakish sights and long trigger. It looks good and shoots well now that he has found a working magazine and tinkered up the slide stop. But it wasn't ready out of the box.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If you want to play sojer, the SDS Tisas Army is pretty close to USGI 1911A1.
The ejection port is only a little too large and the trigger is only a little too long, and it actually has an arched mainspring housing, will wonders never cease.

A friend has a commercial type Tisas with Novakish sights and long trigger. It looks good and shoots well now that he has found a working magazine and tinkered up the slide stop. But it wasn't ready out of the box.

You are correct about the ejection port.

However,the arched mainspring housing with the lanyard loop is authentic to an "A1".

If it were flat, it would more closely simulate an 1911.... NOT an "A1".

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I know.
But the 1911 pattern flat mainspring housing has almost taken over the industry, even on guns purporting to reproduce the 1925 and later guns.
So I remarked the arched as unusual.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I just bought the GI model Tisas fit and finish are great, I have Colt and Kimber 1911`s but wanted a standard service 1911 and this one fits the bill . I see the prices going up as they catch on they do not last long at the local gun shops .

·
Patrol Corporal
943 Posts
The Rock Island I had, one of their fanciers ones, had edges so sharp you could slice meat with it.
Rock Island has pretty aggressive evolution. I think they must really listen to the market.

They went from BIG BILLBOARD rollmarks to a small one behind the left side serrations.
My RI still has the big rollmarks but all of the edges were softened. I was really surprised.

All my Colts have sharp edges.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I bought this gun as well this year to add to my 1911 collection. Who can pass up a 1911 in 9mm? This gun is well worth every penny spent, I have over a 1000 rds through with out a hiccup... All sorts of ammo type and this guns just spits bullets.. My only wish for me are the sights, would prefer them to be a little higher and do plan on changing them.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Rock Island has pretty aggressive evolution. I think they must really listen to the market.

They went from BIG BILLBOARD rollmarks to a small one behind the left side serrations.
My RI still has the big rollmarks but all of the edges were softened. I was really surprised.

All my Colts have sharp edges.
OMG that rollmark, lol. Mine had the billboard. My Colts, ,'72 & '76 vintage, aren't rounded of beveled, but sure aren't sharp.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I saw some Turkish 1911's on one of the gun show tables... might have been one of these... for $475. I wasn't really interested... just remembered reading here about them. I just noted the slightly rounded butt of the newer model 1911... better than the original sharp one.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My RIA 1911 does well too. I liked the basic finish(Parkd), 70's action, and did a couple easy mods.
Changed to a curved Mainspring housing w/ lanyard loop. and a wide Colt hammer, both drop in parts.
Even found a couple 7 rd mags with lanyard loop on bottom plate, and vintage WW1 Canvas Khaki mag case dated 1917. Mags fed ball ammo fine.
Picked up Shooting Star mags, Kimber, and couple Wilson 47Ds, all feed HPs, no issues.
Added a couple 1917 leather holsters from Ebay, and a WW2 Khaki Pistol belt. One holster has an extension to a thigh carry(Dark Brown)like Cavalary issue in Mexican Campaign(1914?) Other is tanned leather natural finish, high ride with hooks and belt loop on back. RIA fits either perfect!
Im sure the Turks did a decent build on a basic 100+ year design.
Enjoy your purchase, I like mine!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Love my Tisas, a VERY nice " budget" 1911... View attachment 808238
I just took delivery of one. Shipped to my gunsmith from Buds. He commented. "Looks nice-let me know how it shoots."

Looking at the pic of yours, I see on later manufacture (i.e., mine) they modified the ejection port. Lowered it more, and flared the back end...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have the GI one also I bought it maybe 6 weeks ago runs great it looks all GI service 45 , great deal , The Turks have been making guns for 100 years they also make HK G/ 3 HK MP 5 they no what they are doing . I almost bought a 2 nd one just to have it .

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
I just took delivery of one. Shipped to my gunsmith from Buds. He commented. "Looks nice-let me know how it shoots."

Looking at the pic of yours, I see on later manufacture (i.e., mine) they modified the ejection port. Lowered it more, and flared the back end...
I've always shot fmj out of mine and never had a problem, but the enlarged port will be even better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought one for my Birthday ...really like this 1911
DSCN1021.JPG
DSCN1018.JPG

Reactions: ranger1968
41 - 56 of 56 Posts