SDS Imports "US Army" 1911 from Turkey....not bad at all...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Critch, Aug 9, 2020.

1. banger

banger

I don't think you understand.....

The 1911A1 is a direct reproduction of a U.S. WWII G.I. pistol.

If it had larger sights.... It would not simulate authentic.

That's the way they were, that's the way they made it.

tango44 likes this.
  2. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

If you want to play sojer, the SDS Tisas Army is pretty close to USGI 1911A1.
    The ejection port is only a little too large and the trigger is only a little too long, and it actually has an arched mainspring housing, will wonders never cease.

A friend has a commercial type Tisas with Novakish sights and long trigger. It looks good and shoots well now that he has found a working magazine and tinkered up the slide stop. But it wasn't ready out of the box.

3. banger

banger

You are correct about the ejection port.

However,the arched mainspring housing with the lanyard loop is authentic to an "A1".

If it were flat, it would more closely simulate an 1911.... NOT an "A1".

4. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I know.
    But the 1911 pattern flat mainspring housing has almost taken over the industry, even on guns purporting to reproduce the 1925 and later guns.
    So I remarked the arched as unusual.

5. triaxle

triaxle

I just bought the GI model Tisas fit and finish are great, I have Colt and Kimber 1911`s but wanted a standard service 1911 and this one fits the bill . I see the prices going up as they catch on they do not last long at the local gun shops .

6. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

Rock Island has pretty aggressive evolution. I think they must really listen to the market.

They went from BIG BILLBOARD rollmarks to a small one behind the left side serrations.
    My RI still has the big rollmarks but all of the edges were softened. I was really surprised.

All my Colts have sharp edges.

7. Wojo88

Wojo88

I bought this gun as well this year to add to my 1911 collection. Who can pass up a 1911 in 9mm? This gun is well worth every penny spent, I have over a 1000 rds through with out a hiccup... All sorts of ammo type and this guns just spits bullets.. My only wish for me are the sights, would prefer them to be a little higher and do plan on changing them.

8. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

OMG that rollmark, lol. Mine had the billboard. My Colts, ,'72 & '76 vintage, aren't rounded of beveled, but sure aren't sharp.

9. triaxle

triaxle

I got to run my new Tisas 1911 45 and it was flawless , real tac driver .

10. wyntrout

wyntrout

I saw some Turkish 1911's on one of the gun show tables... might have been one of these... for $475. I wasn't really interested... just remembered reading here about them. I just noted the slightly rounded butt of the newer model 1911... better than the original sharp one.

11. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

My RIA 1911 does well too. I liked the basic finish(Parkd), 70's action, and did a couple easy mods.
    Changed to a curved Mainspring housing w/ lanyard loop. and a wide Colt hammer, both drop in parts.
    Even found a couple 7 rd mags with lanyard loop on bottom plate, and vintage WW1 Canvas Khaki mag case dated 1917. Mags fed ball ammo fine.
    Picked up Shooting Star mags, Kimber, and couple Wilson 47Ds, all feed HPs, no issues.
    Added a couple 1917 leather holsters from Ebay, and a WW2 Khaki Pistol belt. One holster has an extension to a thigh carry(Dark Brown)like Calvary issue in Mexican Campaign(1914?) Other is tanned leather natural finish, high ride with hooks and belt loop on back. RIA fits either perfect!
    Im sure the Turks did a decent build on a basic 100+ year design.
    Enjoy your purchase, I like mine!