Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Come and Take Them.
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is true to always have your pistol on you and to have adequate training with said pistol.

The other day my wife and I were driving home from the grocery store with our 4 month old in the back seat. You can see where I’m going with this.

Well, we pulled into our neighborhood, where speed limits do not exceed 25 mph and drivers are asked to look out for one another and pedestrians. A man, presumably in his late 20s, was driving a Dodge Magnum all over the road my family lives on, and driving very fast. My wife reaches over and honks the horn at the guy.

We get further down the road and we notice he has turned around and is following us very closely toward our house. At that point I stop the car and pull out my pistol, my beloved G19.4, and have it in my right hand on my lap. The driver, blasting rap music pulls up next to me. We proceed to exchange dialogue with the driver, who acts as if he did nothing wrong. He gives me that typical attitude of “Who you talking to?” Of course, before he leaves he says, “If you’re gonna pull it out, use it *****.”

While this comment may have pissed me off, I am glad my family made it home safe and sound and I was able to think clearly in a defensive situation.

In the future, my wife and I decided a new SOP, which is that we will continue to drive if someone seems to be following us out of anger, straight to the police station near the house. If that doesn’t work, at least I will still have my pistol drawn and cops as my witness.

It’s a crazy world out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts