GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,508 Posts
Hold onto it. It will greatly appreciate in value if Biden wins.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Rational
14,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It’s a rant post for fuks sake, what a bunch of jerks. A simple yep that sucks would suffice. What has the world come to that even a shooting forum treats each other like this, criticize criticize, its like my wife is on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally! Thank you. Someone who gets it. :cheers:

It was just a rant post, folks. It was half-serious. I thought the smileys made that obvious, lol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
JF, FWIW I have occasionally failed to shop around for this stuff, and of course kicked myself afterward. My fault. Can't fault the entities I ordered from, and never considered posting any "screw you" stuff on the internet because of my failing to shop around....

·
Rational
14,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
JF, FWIW I have occasionally failed to shop around for this stuff, and of course kicked myself afterward. My fault. Can't fault the entities I ordered from, and never considered posting any "screw you" stuff on the internet because of my failing to shop around....
Good for you. 98% of this forum complains about something on a daily basis, but I'm glad you're that 2% who is above that.

Also, it seems people missed the part....the first line of my original post, in fact.....where I said it was my fault. I'm not faulting Midway. It really is just a complaint.

Some take it too seriously though. I can't help them with that.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,287 Posts
I gladly pay a few more Dollars to deal with people who treat me well. Midway is a fine, shooter based, 2nd Amendment oriented business. I choose to do business with them.

The reverse is also true. I'll drive to the moon before saving some money by dealing with a crappy company. CTD....... hear that?

Flash

·
Anti-Federalist
18,886 Posts
......okay, it's my fault for not shopping around.

I just bought two 20-round boxes of Buffalo Bore .357 Magnum with the 125gr. Barnes TAC-XP bullet, after getting a notification from Midway that it was back in stock. I knew I would be paying a lot, but that's the price you pay for wanting ammo during a panic. So with shipping (about $11), I paid $89.88.:frown:

Then about two hours later, after I already bought it from Midway, I decided to check out Buffalo Bore's website, which I had avoided because I figured they would all be sold out, judging by what I've seen on various websites.

Not only do they have different bullets that I want in stock, but they have them in stock for $5/box CHEAPER. With shipping ($27?!), I only would have paid about $4 more if I had bought it straight from BB.:steamed:

Lesson learned. My poor ******* Visa! Your burden is great, thy Holy Card of Money! :crying:

Now I'm off to see what Underwood has. Fool me once, Midway!:fist:

You didn't see how much BB's shipping was or you wouldn't be complaining about Midway.

Think $25 for shipping what you would have ordered from them.

They even had to address it in their FAQ.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=62#10

·
Rational
14,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
While that's a nice thought, components have become scarce, too.
Again, the solution to the problem is to buy and stock up when times are good. If the squirrel waits until he runs out of nuts during the winter to go find more, then he starves to death. Just how it is.

I am glad to see so many getting on the reloading train theses days, but they all will have to learn patience and wait for calm seas and fair winds to obtain any quantities to stash against the next storm. Same story for all of the new gun owners out as well.

And to not take a moment to check any online retailers pricing before they pull out their credit card, pure foolishness. Just like the brick and mortar world, no one supplier has the best pricing across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ranger1968

·
1911 lover
10,141 Posts
If the squirrel waits until he runs out of nuts during the winter to go find more, then he starves to death. Just how it is.

Tapatalk
Poor squirrel.

Wait.. i thought this was about ammo.. or being prepared. Or shopping carefully .

But squirrels are pretty cute.

·
Rational
14,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So I've become a whore to Midway now. My last two orders were $$107 and $320 respectively.

The good news is that I now have enough Buffalo Bore .357 Mag to start a revolution, and I'm now sponsored by Glock, Federal, Oakley, Hornady, Carhartt, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson. Their hats and shirts are nice.....my only gripe is that a couple of the hats are made in China. Now I need a hat rack. Excuse me.....I hear Amazon calling my Debit number.....

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
So I've become a whore to Midway now. My last two orders were $$107 and $320 respectively.

The good news is that I now have enough Buffalo Bore .357 Mag to start a revolution, and I'm now sponsored by Glock, Federal, Oakley, Hornady, Carhartt, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson. Their hats and shirts are nice.....my only gripe is that a couple of the hats are made in China. Now I need a hat rack. Excuse me.....I hear Amazon calling my Debit number.....
You haven't lived until you have a Sig hat. They are stylish and comfortable.

·
Rational
14,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Anti-Federalist
18,886 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts