close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Screw sig customer service!!!!!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by thegriz18, Feb 9, 2010.

1. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I am so mad! I just called Sig about a bent slide catch lever on my P6. They told me that the only way to have this part replaced was to send the gun in for the Sig Service plan, which is $180 with round trip shipping. Oh and an extra $100 to put their Nitron finish on the slide or whatever it is. That is the only way they can swap the part out, because the gun smiths don't keep it as an inventory item. I don't want the service plan, I just want a new friggin slide catch lever. Is this stupid service plan worth it? I know they install night sights, but they are green/greens and I find those confusing at night.

I'm just mad that they wouldn't make more of an effort to send me or sell me the slide catch lever. The rep literally put me on hold for 30 seconds to "check with the gun smiths" and then informed me the only way to fix it was the service plan and that they don't have any slide catch levers in stock. That makes no sense. They must have them in stock if they fix it in the service plan!!!!:steamed:

2. nnickatnight

nnickatnight

I would try and get the part by searching the gun parts market instead. Don't feel too bad, Sig isn't the only company that does that. I've had the run around from Colt on numerous issues when I was looking for parts for a Python and a Mustang, and I got the same story. We can't send you the parts or tell you where to get them but if you send the gun back we can fix it for $$$$$$$$. Also, try and get a slide from Glock! You'll be told we don't do that, but if you send yours back.............. Same story. I've gotten all my stuff searching for parts from small companies that specialize in gun parts and not excuses why you can't have this or that.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Check Numrich Arms (aka Gun Parts Corps) to see if they might have the part needed.

Ruger is the same way. They won't sell you any small part at all. Had to go back to the factory for proper repair.

4. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Have you checked other parts suppliers? Top Gun Supply, Brownells, Numrich, etc? That's what I'd do. How "bent" is it?

5. Cheseldine

Cheseldine Texan

Eh its not really gun related but I just had benchmade knife company do the same to me. I broke the small pocket clip on my knife, and rather than sending me the new 25 cent part in the mail they made me send in my knife for 2 months...

6. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Not too badly, but enough that my thumb rides it and prevents it from locking the slide back on the last round. I chcked TGS and a few other places with no luck. In the end I might have to send it to someone as I am not attempting to fix my Sig. Too many parts for this guy. Local gunsmiths are minimum $45 an hour.

7. G31

G31 Millennium Member

I've had mixed results with each mfg.'s customer service dept.

Glock sent me 2 G19 recoil springs...no questions asked. Called them about a slide lock spring, and it's an "armorer only" part, so they wouldn't send it to me. They wouldn't even send it to an armorer locally.

Beretta sent me new trigger return springs free.

HK sent me new snap rings for the end of my USP recoil assy. no questions asked. They told me they might send me a whole new assy. if not the snap ring.

SIG sent me a new firing pin pos. pin for my 220ST no questions asked, but, on another call, would not send me a 226 grip bushing because I wasn't "supposed" to remove the grips, voiding my warranty. Lucky for me, I never told them my name, so they can't void crap.

Seems like a mixed bag no matter who you call.

8. nnickatnight

nnickatnight

Numurichs has them in stock.

9. odesskiy

odesskiy Crazy Russkiy

I ran into the doorjamb with my SOG when it was about two weeks old, bent the hell out of the pocket clip. Went to the website and submitted a request. Got a confirmation from a lady in Customer Service. About a week and a half later got an envelope with two pocket clips and two new screws. They paid for shipping and everything. Now THAT is customer service. How could I not support a company like that?

10. 84S

84S

The P series Sig's are pretty easy to take apart and replace parts. Almost as easy as a Glock

11. LEAD

LEAD

What'd you say to them to make them feel it was on them?

12. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

The P6 is probably not covered under SIG's warranty.

Numrich has the part for the P225, should fit the P6...
    http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=904790&CatID=8670&mySort=1

That's strange. Glock sent me a slide lock spring for my G19 free of charge. :dunno:

13. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

14. ChristopherBurg

ChristopherBurg

I have a friend who has a Sig 1911. To make a long story short the extractor broke and he tried to get Sig to send him one. They gave him the same spiel they gave you, the only way to get it fixed is to send it in to them and they wanted to charge an exorbitant rate (For replacing an extractor).

Anyways from his story I wasn't too thrilled with Sig's support and your story just adds more weight to the fact I probably won't be getting a Sig anytime soon.

15. hardeyes

hardeyes

Hello;

Sig customer service SUCKS!

2 guns from sig, and two problems with both.

This is the same reason why I will not buy their $1,400 to $1,800 556, But will buy the $2,000 dollar Noveske.

Any company that gives the customer a hard time, doesn't deserve my time & money.

hardeyes

16. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Nothing like a $398.00 gun that is made up of easily obtained $1.00 parts that I can fix with a drywall screw.

17. pbv

pbv

You can gets some Ruger parts at http://shopruger.com/ I got some replacement springs and misc parts for my MKII.

18. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

I love the Glock for that.

19. Dauntless452003

Dauntless452003

Taking the grips off of a SIG voids their warranty? Terrible.

20. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Are you sure it's bent?

There are dozens of threads every week concerning "slide not locking back on last round." It's typically due to folks riding the slide lock lever. Some consider this a design flaw. Several have actually ground down the slide lock lever.

Anyway... try shooting the gun once left handed and see how it performs.

Here's a thread to take a look at over on Sig Forum: "Why won't my slide lock back after last shot fired?" http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/749101723

where the armorer suggests possible causes:

Shooter's thumb interfering with slide catch lever.
    Shooter not holding pistol firmly.
    Shooter failing to clean and lube the pistol.
    Damaged magazine follower.
    Damaged slide catch lever.
    Damaged/worn arresting notch in slide.
    Severely worn magazine spring.
    Underpowered ammunition (especially in conjunction with some of the above issues).

Hopefully the lever is not bent.