Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SOD that looks practically new but
might have been used before(not by me). I was not able to pick up a small amount of finish smoothing near the edge with my camera. You have to be in the correct light to even see it. I'd have to rate the knife as 99% new condition. I'd like to get $180 shipped. Paypal preferred for payment + 4%. USPS m.o. is ok too with a delivery conf. # Please contact me
at:

[email protected]

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Hi,

Just a suggestion: on dark objects like this knife, if your camera will do it, the pix will come out better if you overexpose by a couple stops. The automatic exposure system in the camera tends to adjust for the lighter colored more reflective box than on your real subject, the darker knife. As a general rule, dark objects take a little more exposure or stronger lighting.

This can also be done somewhat in photo editing softwarre like Picasa, they call it "fill lighting".

Not trying to be a know it all, just wanted to help.

Jim

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Just a suggestion: on dark objects like this knife, if your camera will do it, the pix will come out better if you overexpose by a couple stops. The automatic exposure system in the camera tends to adjust for the lighter colored more reflective box than on your real subject, the darker knife. As a general rule, dark objects take a little more exposure or stronger lighting.

This can also be done somewhat in photo editing softwarre like Picasa, they call it "fill lighting".

Not trying to be a know it all, just wanted to help.

Jim
I appreciate the advice, I'll check and see if my camera will do it. :wavey:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts