Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
friends-- sorry if this is off topic. would a trijicon tr21 work well as a forward mounted optic on a scout concept rifle, like a steyr or ruger? the max range i would be shooting is 400 meters. i like the quick acquisition capabilities of the trijicon, and i would be willing to sacrifice a little precision for it. your thoughts are appreciated. deguelo

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
Since you're not mounting it on an AR-15/10, then it probably would be better off in General Firearms or the Optics sub-forum.

TO answer your question, the TR-21 only has a 3.8-4.5" (roughly) eye relief, so it won't be able to work well mounted forward on a scout-style rifle.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, woodenplank. i tried to use the scope finder function on trijicon's website, but i coulndn't seem to control for my forward mounted requirement. any ideas on a scope with low magnification and quick acquisition aiming system (like the tr21) with the proper eye relief for a scout rifle? thanks again-- deguelo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.