close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scott Pelley: Attack on Scalise "self-inflicted"

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jeanderson, Jun 19, 2017.

1. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Glad to see he's no longer the anchor at CBS, but Scott Pelley couldn't help himself as he departed to leave us with these words of wisdom...
    So I guess Scott is telling us it's the right that's spewing the violent rhetoric, and that drove the shooter to try and kill Scalise. Only a profoundly ignorant person could possibly make a statement like this. The left wing media is beyond ridiculous now. They are the ones inciting violence against Trump, and then they turn around and blame the right!?!?!?!

I do not believe the 1st Amendment gives journalists the right to spew this garbage. Their words and actions are now endangering the lives of people. This is way beyond "bias". This is reckless journalism.

Full story: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...-self-inflicted-claims-cbss-scott-pelley.html

2. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

There are already the conspiracy theorist saying that this guy's a patsy and he didn't do it.

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Common Liberal theme. It's always someone else's fault.

Now, ride it into the ground.

4. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

Wonder if he would say that if the situation were reversed? Sure.

mc1911, sixgun2 and refugeepj like this.
  5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

using his thought process, trayvon martin shot himself.

mc1911, nursetim, JFrame and 3 others like this.
  6. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

Unfortunately, I think it IS protected. Sick as it is, I believe this is a case of "you can..." vs "You probably would be smarter NOT TO!" Pelley shouldn't have spewed this idiocy ... but he did. People can draw their own conclusions as to Mr. Pelley's sanity.

7. robhic

I hate when that happens. :banana::banana::banana:

JArthurD likes this.
  8. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

the first mistake was confusing his garbage with any sort of journalism. journalism is dead in the state run media, they show us this everyday. second, you are applying logic and reason to a hive thinker where such traits are simply absent.

jeanderson and mj9mm like this.
  9. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

Trayvon had a A LOT more to do with his own shooting.

I really hate to say this, but I'm really concerned this is going to worsen into sectarian violence. I really don't want to take part in that. I've already seen enough people shot. But I think that libtards advocating violence, normalizing violence, and demonizing their political opponents will lead to more shootings.

As a rule, conservatives don't do stuff like that, because they have to go to work the next day. But there will always be some bloke that has lost his family, and then gets a bad diagnosis that will be out there to return the favor.

I'm afraid the fuse has been lit.......

Avoid trouble if you can, DON'T START ANY, but if trouble catches up to you, be ready to shoot back.

Here's a tip. An extra 30 rounds on your belt on top of your firearm and what's in it can get a bit heavy. Suspenders that hook under the belt, with a good gun belt, make that a lot more comfortable.

nursetim, jeanderson and Glock171943 like this.
  10. mj9mm

mj9mm

there is a correlation between Newtons third Law, For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, and the Lefts view of Reality. no matter what a Conservative does or says, a Liberals actions or words are fairly contrived and the Right deserves the consequences of their actions.

(bear in mind, i am writing this with a fair amount of pain relief following Tuesdays surgery)

jeanderson and janice6 like this.
  11. robhic

Words to live by ... LITERALLY! What did, was it Mattis, say? "Be polite, be professional but be ready to kill everyone if need be."

nursetim and janice6 like this.
  12. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

The sign above my "desk" at the TMC in Baghdad said "Be polite, Be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

I have a naturally friendly attitude. I like people. I've been able to deescalate many confrontations, even in military confinement facilities, Interrogation facilities and in places where veterans with mental illness congregate. While deescalating, I'm thinking about what I have, what is close by, any particular danger or weakness in my target, and how to change his mind from wanting to hurt me or someone else, into being more concerned about breathing in an instant.

So far, so good. No unfriendly casualties.

I used to teach a "dirty tricks" class to military prison guards. It included things like taking your pen and shoving it anywhere on a perps neck pushing toward center, scraping a fingernail across corneas, quick sharp hits to the larynx, and sleeper holds.

Smith & Wesson makes a really nice ball point pen. If you prefer fountain pens, Schrade has a really nice one.

[​IMG]

I really am a pacifist. I don't want to hurt anyone. I've seen too much of that. But killing a bad guy comes in at number three on the worst things that could happen list.

nursetim and jeanderson like this.
  13. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Pelley should be considered an authority on "self inflicted".

14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Progressive ideology radicalized this Democrat terrorist gunman.

15. Death-Ninja

Death-Ninja

This is remarkable evidence of the illegality of the so-called popular press, which is almost primarily responsible, "almost" for inciting every democrat to "go muslim" and do unspeakable violence. These are the people who have romanticized so-called college students clad head to toe in black, fully masking their faces, carrying out despicable assaults upon innocent Americans whose only apparent transgression seems to be their thinking!

Its my sincerest hope, that any further violent attacks, target the democratic media exclusively!

16. PocketProtector

PocketProtector

I don't understand how these Commitards say any of this with a straight face

The ridiculousness is off the chart and they still shamelessly spout it

Really incredible

jeanderson and mj9mm like this.
  17. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Sounds like the same argument that rapists give as to why their victim was chosen.

nursetim, DonGlock26 and holyjohnson like this.
  18. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

i wonder how the Russians got him to say that?

19. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

But but but the nasty Republicans are doing the very same thing!!!!!!!

What a crock.

nursetim likes this.
  20. JArthurD

JArthurD

I feel like I'm in a weird parallel universe and I don't know how this can be acceptable to ANYONE! -This is NOT the America I grew up in and certainly not the one I want to leave to our children.

This is not just Libtard rambling but an orchestrated, coordinated and thought out attack, with a strategically derived target. -I'm was never sure what "alt.right" really was but if that means complete intolerance of this kind of crap, then I'm all in.

By the way, is anyone else watching this idiot on Tucker Carlson's show tonight? -The guy who is calling on Democrats to "hunt republicans?"