Scott Adams has had a brilliant insight about the demand for reparations

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by pipedreams, Jun 14, 2020.

1. pipedreams

pipedreams "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"

Long read but interesting.

"Whenever Democrats push race to the forefront of the news, reparations pop up. The theory is that, because their forebears were kidnapped from Africa and enslaved in America, blacks will never catch up economically to whites. It doesn't matter that there are no slaves or slave-owners today; that most whites are not descended from slave-owners; or that racism impoverished, rather than enriched the South."
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...insight_about_the_demand_for_reparations.html

Adams is correct. Keith Richburg's Out Of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa[​IMG], about his job as the Washington Post's bureau chief in the 1990s, proves it. Richburg's painful realization as he witnessed the daily horrors of life in Africa, whether from nature's or man's cruelty, was how lucky he was that his ancestors were enslaved:

2. bfg1971

bfg1971

Where is that he's right you know meme, when you need it.

nrajeff, orangejeep06 and JimWillson like this.

3. IvanVic

IvanVic

He is right. Others have made this argument in the past, Thomas Sowell being one of them.

nrajeff and cbetts1 like this.
  4. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

America's "original sin" - slavery - provides a perpetual excuse for failure. How do you explain this?
    "SHOCK: Zero students at six Baltimore schools test proficient in English or math"
    Great - great - great grandparents were slaves. Simple how it works. There are more sophisticated versions, like the currently vogue "systemic racism". However, most of these (if not all) reduce to tautologies. It is difficult to refute a tautology. :D

5. marchboom

marchboom

Regarding reparations, where does ANYONE think that I owe anyone anything just because of race? Just bringing up the topic that white people owe black people lots of money creates anger in white folks. An anger that would cause division between the races.

I was never a slave owner and no black person in this country was ever a slave. I owe nobody nothing.
    If some people with white guilt want to give money to black folks then let them.
    That ends that.

6. billyj7175

billyj7175

I'm not one to have many mic-drop instances, but the last discussion I had with someone that was pro-reparations quickly ended when I brought up the fact that nothing was stopping them starting a go-fund me account, opening up their checkbook and get after it...anyone so inclined is free to do so. Just don't expect a dime from me.

nrajeff, MFC4, Cambo and 2 others like this.
  7. marchboom

marchboom

Great idea! That will shut up these democRATs post haste.

8. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

7ac.jpg

nrajeff, rotorhead1026, Cambo and 2 others like this.
  9. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

My father's side of the family traces waaay back, but lived in New England and had nothing to do with slavery. My mother's side came over on a boat from Ireland around 1910. Post slavery in the US, if I'm not mistaken. By what logic do I owe reparations? (Yeah, I know, leftist logic, which is based on feels rather than facts.)

-Pat

nrajeff, robhic and orangejeep06 like this.
  10. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

Africans sold their country men , They weren't kidnapped by Americans, If anyone should owe reparations, it should be the slave traders.

nrajeff, SunsetMan, robhic and 3 others like this.
  11. bfg1971

bfg1971

'Ol Grandad likes this.
  12. bdcochran

bdcochran

1. I wrote a protest letter to my Assembly woman.
    2. I donated another $50 to the congressional candidate running against the current one. It is only coincidental that he is black. He makes his money the old fashioned way, working.
    3. You all are welcome to spend some bucks on candidates in your elections.

13. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I saw something the other day that said: I never owned any slaves and YOU never picked any cotton. So get over it! :fred:

14. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Where is the "justice" in having people whose ancestors never owned slaves have to pay repartitions to people whose ancestors never WERE slaves?

I'm a first generation American. My father came to this country in 1939 to get an engineering degree and joined the US Army to become a citizen. My mother's grandparents came to this county in the 1870's after the civil war was over.

Kamala Harris, who's father is Jamaican, her father's parents were Slave owners and ran a plantation and neither he nor his parents were slaves, they were slave owners.

Should my tax money (from someone whose ancestors never owned slaves) go to pay reparations for slavery to Kamala Harris or Barack Obama whose ancestors were never slaves?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    nrajeff, Cubdriver, MFC4 and 2 others like this.
  15. DonD

DonD

African Muslim blacks are still selling other blacks into slavery. Do we hear anything about that? Do they go to Africa to protest the enslavement of fellow blacks by the "religion of peace"? Of course not.

Well educated blacks know better. Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice has said that the US is the best place on planet earth for blacks but to them, she's a female Uncle Tom and dismissed. Don

Cubdriver and Jan R Whitaker like this.
  16. pugman

pugman

The point is where does it stop.

I'm German/Italian...do I owe for WW2?

In today's environment will bi-racial kids get a cut or does their one half owe the other?

nrajeff likes this.
  17. badge315

badge315

I'm still waiting on my reparations from the Egyptians for building their pyramids.

Borg Warner likes this.
  18. BlueBacker

BlueBacker Previously BengalBacker

[​IMG]

MFC4 likes this.