close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scoring targets

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by sahauptman, Apr 8, 2004.

1. sahauptman

sahauptman Guest

I shot the indoor GSSF match at the Firing Line in Michigan last month. It was alright, a little boring, but I guess It's geared to the newbe shooters and shooters that haven't shot in any type of competitions before.

Anyway, my question is this:

The people scoring this match were under the impression that you had to break not just touch the scoring line to count for the higher point.

That doesn't make any sense. In any competitions I have ever participated in (NRA Bullseye, Highpower, PPC, IPSC....) you just have to touch the scoring line. I was shooting round nose bullets not wadcutter bullets and this makes it hard to cut a line. And the people there didn't know what a overlay was.

So what's the verdict boys and girls, It did mean that I went from 2nd place to 3rd.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You are right. Touching counts, in my opinion.

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I'm surprised nobody at the range knew what an overlay was. When I used to shoot PPC guys would break those things out in a heart beat if there was any doubt about a call.

But yeah, I agree, touching the outside edge of the ring is supposed to count as the higher point value. That's the way it's been at every match I've ever taken part in.

I personally don't like that, I think the ring should be broken to count, but I don't set rules.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

GSSF is designed and ran to give the shooter the benefit of the doubt. It really doesn't matter how so long as all are judged the same. :)