close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scored some 6.8spc

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by shockglock, Feb 4, 2013.

1. shockglock

shockglock

Stopped by my LGS and they finally received some 6.8 spc. Walked out with 24 boxes of SSA 110g SPH. I normally shoot Hornady 110g BTHP, but couldn't pass these up. Best part was that they were only $14 a box, normally pay $26 per box for the Hornady.

2. floorburn_21

floorburn_21 .40 ftw

That's the cheapest I've ever heard. I'm jealous. I only have about eighty rounds of 6.8 right new as I just bought the rifle in November. (before BHO and it's my deer rifle.)

3. shockglock

shockglock

I use mine for deer hunting also. I've had my 6.8 for a little over a year and only had about 50 rounds left, that's why I jumped on the rounds. I've seen the SSA normally go for about $20 a box. When they told me $14 a box I couldn't resist. Also, I do a lot of business with my LGS, that's why I got such a good deal.

4. HoBoJoe

HoBoJoe

5. Ruggles

Ruggles

I received that same email today, order just a little (40 rds) from them today as I have "enough" 6.8 ammo in the safe for my needs. My first SAA ammo, I have Remington and Hornady in the safe.

6. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I reload for my 6.8 so I'm good for a couple thousand rounds right now. But in truth I don't shoot it like my 5.56 ARs. Its a dedicated hunting gun.

Man I love those Nosler 100 grain Accubonds in this cartridge with some AA2200 stuffed underneath... Gotta love 2950 fps with a 100 grain bullet out of an AR platform!

7. Ruggles

Ruggles

I have about 300 rds right now of various 6.8, but like yours it is a hunting (Hog) gun so 300 rds is fine for me right now. The 5.56 ARs have a lot more ammo to eat in the safe :)

This is what I bought today from SSA

http://www.ssarmory.com/6.8_spc_ammo_Nosler_110grain_Accubond.aspx