Scored Myself an Advantage Arms Kit for my Glock 17!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Flipz, Mar 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Flipz

Flipz

Man am I excited! I talked to my local Gun Shop 5 weeks ago about ordering me an Advantage Arms kit for my Glock 17. Well, it arrived today! So much better then paying $100 more for one on GunBroker or the classified ads. It was manufactured last month, on the inside of the slide it says 2-10.

Going to the range this weekend to test her out. I think she's gonna make a good partner to my Sig 522. I'll report back with my observations after the range trip. Im gonna break her in with Mini Mags and then try out a bunch of different ammo and see what she likes best thats also cheap. AA recommends Mini's, Golden Bullets, and Federal Automatch.

I'll report back and hopefully include some pics for you guys. [​IMG]

A BIG thanks goes out to Tom at Engage Armament in MD. He's the man!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. den888

den888

3. Flipz

Flipz

Thanks man! Im really excited if you cant tell,lol.

4. Cop Pop

Cop Pop

Congratulations on your new acquisition. I ordered one last week for my G23, and was told that they were back ordered for an indeterminate period. Five weeks is not too long to wait, and I hope that I get a call from my FFL dealer in 4 or 5 more weeks. I'll look forward to reading your range report.

5. tinman517

tinman517

Congrats! I am waiting for my AA kit for my G23. Enjoy!!!

6. Flipz

Flipz

From what I can tell it all depends on who your shops distributor is as to how long you will have to wait. Some are faster then others. But its so much better to spend the retail price of $265 that AA charges than what some of these guys are selling them for on GunBroker or in the classifieds.

7. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

I've been on GT for almost 5 years now. They've NEVER been easy to get. Come on AA!!! Just make more. Is it that hard? What a stupid company. They have a product that everyone want but they won't make enough. I'm so sick of hearing about it.

Sorry, been holdin' that in for a while.

8. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

goldenbullets!!! that what mine runs on

9. Adawg38

Adawg38

Sorry to sound dumb but what's this kit all about?

10. TcRoc

TcRoc Phillies Fan !!

+1 on Rem Golden and 525 rounds for $20.00 is cheap shootin

11. G26ster

G26ster

New 550 Rem. Golden Bullet pak = $13.97 at Wally World. 2.5 cents a shot!

12. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Rem Golden Bullets is what AA recommends according to a card in the case when I got mine.

13. pakettle

pakettle

Ordered an AA kit direct from the factory back in Sept, received it 14 weeks later in Dec. Even back then they were not taking factory orders, but no gun dealers in my area sell their kits so I guess the nice lady at AA took pity on my soul and ordered me one. After breaking it in on mini mags, I now shoot rem goldens.

14. Glocken-spiel

Glocken-spiel

AA (Advantage Arms) makes .22lr conversion kits for Glocks. it includes a new slide and magazine (only 10 rounds). make practise shooting much cheaper. has nice features too.

i have one for my G26 and love it.

i bought about 800 rounds of minimags but believe that the Golden bullets work more smoothly.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  15. SPDMTL

SPDMTL

Anyone have problems w/jamming and FTF? As I've seen and heard it happens often.

16. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Not with the ammo AA suggests.
    .22 are dirty.
    Clean the kit more than a Glock would need.

Had mine since 2001.
    Works great!
    :supergrin:

17. Flipz

Flipz

I just gave the kit a good cleaning so its ready for my range trip tomorrow. It wasnt dirty but I wanted to get the factory lube off the slide and replace it with the same lube I use on my other guns, CLP. I'll report back tomorrow with the results of how it performed.

18. ncglock19

ncglock19

Guys-

I had to look this one up. So this is a kit that allows you to convert your 9mm Glock to shoot .22's. I assume that the purpose of having this is to hopefully save on ammo costs?

I've been thinking about this issue from another direction. I see these kits on sale for around 200-250. I see some Ruger Mk 3 22's on sale at my local gun store for about the same price. I was planning on picking up a 22 for "plinking" to work on my aim, at about 10% of the 9mm ammo cost.

I'm trying to work out all the pro's and con's of either idea. I like the idea of having my G19 shoot 22's to save on the cost, and allow me to use my Glock base to work on my grip, etc. But I'm also wondering if having 2 working guns would be better than that. Any ideas, philosophies, etc.?

joe

19. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

It's 50/50. Some say the AA kit is great for the reasons you gave. I say better to have 2 guns. I don't think .22 is that great for Glock practice anyway. The kits are cool, but I love my ruger MKIII 22/45.

20. Spoklahoma

Spoklahoma

That's funny, I just sold my Ruger 22/45 today so I can buy the AA kit. My complaint is that the Ruger feels so much different than my Glock I don't feel like I'm getting any "practice" in when I'm shooting. For now I'll gladly shoot 1/5 the rounds in 9mm through my Glock (22 sure was cheap...). The Ruger just feels like a toy after a while. Just my opinion though...