close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scored an Advantage Arms Conversion Kit for my 19 & 23!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MyNewGlock23, Mar 20, 2010.

1. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

Went to the range this morning and after shooting I went and looked in the cabinets as I'll be buying another pistol soon. Then after being told by the counter dummy that the P250 he showed me (clearly compact) was a full size version, I had to leave.

Went to my favorite gun store after leaving the first place and after engaging in some good conversation with Bill (awesome guy) about the McDonald case, I wandered over to the glock counter to see what they had.

In the lower corner of the case, I happened to see 3 little white cases and upon closer inspection verified they were AA kits, one 19/23, on 26/27 and one other I can't think of. I asked to see the 19/23 kit and low and behold, it hadn't been opened. Price check, $300, I'll take it. Picked up a couple hundred mini-mags and exited the store with a smile like a kid on Christmas!!!

I almost turned around and went back to the range, but decided it will have to wait until my next range trip.

Just wanted to share my score, not sure if anyone else is as happy as I am at the moment, but I had to tell someone, since I can't tell the wife!! LMAO :supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. Brucev

Brucev

Excellent for you!

3. MSBullock

MSBullock

If you don't mind walmart or dirty ammo, the Remington Golden Bullets are 15.98 for a 550 value pack up here.... worth checking into, nearly 2k rounds through my AA kit. I love it.

4. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

The Golden Bullets are what my AA kit recommended.

5. tinman517

tinman517

Congrats! You are going to love your new AA kit. I shot 200 rounds, last night, and another 300, this morning with my G23.

Be sure to get some extra mags. I have a total of 15 mags. It makes it much simpler at the range.

6. CynicX

CynicX

Although there is much cheaper ammo. I've had the best of luck with CCI mini mags. I think if you ever have any problems thats the goto ammo...

7. tinman517

tinman517

40 gr. HV copper plated CCI Mini Mags and Fiocchi is what I have been using with stellar success. I have not tried any of the Rem GBs yet. They would cost much less. Regardless, shooting the 22lr. is much cheaper than shooting S&W .40 and 9mm. :)

8. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

Thanks for the recommendations... I'll try out the mini-mags, but if I have any problems, I'll give the Remington's a go. I'm really looking forward to shooting this kit, I've been looking for a year for a new kit...

9. Flipz

Flipz

Ive shot Mini Mags and Golden Bullets through my AA kit for my G17. I absolutely love the kit. I shot 300 rounds through it today. Everytime Im at the range shooting with it, people always ask about it. I echo the statement above, definitely get yourself some extra mags for it. Congrats, and have fun with it. And a good tip would be to run it pretty wet. It performs best that way.

10. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

"run it pretty wet??" Are you referring to lubricant? Haven't heard that term before...

I can't wait to shoot it!!

11. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

If you don't run it wet, you may come across some jams. Go SHOOT it NOWWW!

...and give us a range report.

12. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

Can someone explain "running it wet??" I have no idea what that is...

13. tinman517

tinman517

Myself, I apply a drop of oil to the barrel, 1 drop of oil to the 3 flat sides of the barrel, and 1 drop of oil to each of the 4 slide guides. Rack the slide a few times and I am good to go.

The instructions do recommend to apply a single drop of oil to the firing pin and to the rib just ahead of the firing pin. However, I do not oil those parts. I have had no issues.

14. MyNewGlock23

MyNewGlock23

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll definitely check it out...

15. Flipz

Flipz

"Running it wet" means extra lubricant. You need to have more lubricant on it then you would normaly use when using your Glock upper. The AA kit likes it wet.

16. cmcinc

cmcinc

Congrats on a great score. Enjoy it.