Score! Unused ? S&W 9mm

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Doc Holliday, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

I bought a used SD9VE, for a whole $225. No box, had 3 new 16 rd mags, fobus holster in bag. Looked like 1 mag fired through the gun. Found a S&W locking box with lock and papers for MP -9mm. Won on auction for $15. Called S&W, they sent out owners manual and looked like the same one as MP.
    I have fired mine to the tune of 500 rds, cleaned and lubed, no issue. Stiff trigger yes! i can deal with it as still shoot my M-10 Revolver(S&W Mp-4in). people bash them, but mine's ok. its a nightstand gun, no biggie. I like the 2 tone SS slide, Poly frame.

deputy tom and Doc Holliday like this.
  2. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Doc Holliday likes this.

3. CC Glock

CC Glock

So if yall had to choose between the SW9VE or the SD9VE which one would you pick and why???

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

SW...no roll pins on the extractor, so it's easier to completely disassemble and clean...BUT, if you want to hang accessories on the rail, you should go with the SD...the SD is on sale right now, for only $249 with free shipping at Smoky Mountain...

5. farmer-dave

farmer-dave

I've got one of those, and a couple of the sd9ve. For me they are the perfect truck/beater gun. Reliable, cheap, and accurate.

6. pgg00

pgg00

Last time i saw one of those i took it from a guy that had just shot his wife then killed himself as i was coming through the door.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Wow, I am quickly finding out that if you need any S&W repair/parts, you pretty much have to pay outrageous Ebay prices and take your chances with used stuff or send the whole thing into S&W so they can install the part for you. That's the only way they'll do it. This really burns me. Why is S&W so tight on parts availability? Lawyers? You can pretty much go to any city in America and find Glock parts. I won't own a gun that doesn't have parts readily available, not going to send it in and then wait weeks for it to come back.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

His last thought was probably: 'Damn, this trigger is hard to pull, what the....'

9. pgg00

pgg00

Check numrich. I don't know if they have those parts but I find a lot of the 3rd gen pistols there

Doc Holliday likes this.
  10. pgg00

pgg00

:rofl: he was actually heading to the other side of the house to kill his kids first and shot himself when we came through the door

Doc Holliday likes this.
  11. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

I had the .40 cal. It was all good...until the striker failed. Don't wanna wait that long for factory repair, so I bought a new striker from Numrich. Test fired it and sold it.
    Good gun, just don't dry fire it like you would a Glock.

Doc Holliday likes this.