Scope mounts with "C" models

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Jakk, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I'm looking at building a gun for Unlimited category in GSSF. For the time being, I was planning on installing a dot sight, and later adding a comp. A thought came to mind, though. Has anyone tried putting a scope mount on one of the factory compensated models? Are the ports far enough forward, or would they blast directly into the bottom of the scope mount? If it did, would this damage the mount? I realize this depends on which mount I get. I was thinking of getting the Carver. (Bobby, care to comment?) But I'd look at a different mount if there was one that worked better with the comped guns.

Thanks

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I use a Carver Mount with my G24C, no problem. Should work well with a G17C or G22C as well.

3. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Look here at this site www.bb-enterprise.biz The Carver mount is the way to go and it come in Red,Gold,Black, Blue & Silver and you can get it in a Weaver, C-more & Aimpoint style mount, right now I'm getting the weaver in Rapid Red and can't wait to get it.:)

4. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I've looked at Carver's website. From the pictures there, it's hard to tell where the ports would be on a comped model. I can't tell if the guns he shows on the website are the normal length 17/22 guns, or the extended slide guns.

5. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

If you are planning to use a Weaver mount, you will find that the farthest cut of the port will be 1.70" from the front of the slide. The front base of the weaver rail will extend within .64" from the front of a G17 slide, thus covering the port 1.06". Will this be a problem? NO. The ports are angled and will angle the blast off of the mount. If you want to cut off the front part of the weaver rail and place your sight more to the rear, we designed the mount so that you can so, thus reducing the amount of the rail over the slide.

If you buy one of the CARVER Mounts, you will get the same guarantee that everyone gets, "if you don't like it, return it for a full refund". NO PROBLEM.

I've attached a picture that may help you see the area where the ports will be located. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Best regards,
    Bobby

6. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Bobby,

As long as you are throwing numbers around...

How much clearance is there between the C-more mount and the end of a G34 slide? Blast shield?

I am building an Open Gun (Major USPSA), I may want to add some hybrid ports.

Can the Cmore mount (top portion) be mounted further back (drill and tap the holes in a different location)?

7. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

8. Guest

I shoot a 24c in USPSA in open and I had a Doctor installed. No holster troubles and no bulky mounts in the way. Just my opinion you know!!!;a

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

But do you win? ;f

10. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

FLEXMONEY,
    I'm sorry that I haven't replied sooner but have been out of town on a special project. Here's the answers to your inquiries: Answers in Bold

Q1:How much clearance is there between the C-more mount and the end of a G34 slide? 1.374"
    Blast shield? .720" from the top of the shield

I am building an Open Gun (Major USPSA), I may want to add some hybrid ports. You would have room to place the ports below the shield. No Problem.

Can the Cmore mount (top portion) be mounted further back (drill and tap the holes in a different location)? Yes. We designed it with that in mind.

Thanks for your interest. I hope that our mounting system will serve your needs in the near future. I have attached a picture with a G34 slide and a C-More mounted.

Best regards,
    Bobby Carver
    B&B Enterprise
    "Home of the CARVER Mount"

11. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Yah Jerry he got a C Class win in Lexington ;f ;f you did not ask what catogory ;f ;f

12. Guest

I won D class twice this year at our local club match. I am not as good as the gun can be. I have that new trigger job so I hope to improve!!!!!;a

13. Fireglock

No I didn't did I. ;f

14. Fireglock

That trigger job isn't one of those "Panhandle Specials" is it? ;f

15. One Ragged Hole

One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

How many of you are, like me, waiting for the begining of next year when the Carver Mounts for the Large Frame Glocks are available? I can't wait to get one for my G20C. I think the one for the C-more is calling to me. C'mon January!

16. Guest

Yes I had that certain magic bestowed upon it. Now it has that sunshine trigger warmth about it!!!!;+

17. MFinch

MFinch Guest

I'm still waiting for my hands to grow a little more so I can get them around the large frame.

18. Fireglock

Me too. Maybe by the time I'm as old as Don at PC it'll fit my hand! ;f