close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scope mount for Kel-Tec sub 2K

Discussion in 'Kel-Tec Talk' started by Gokyo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gokyo

Gokyo

I wanted a scope mount for my Kel-Tec Sub 2K. I tried the factory folding model but was not pleased with it performance in my specific application.

So I decided to make my own. The following criteria where important to me;

1. It had to not permanently alter my K-T Sub 2K.
    2. The scope must be a weaver Base.
    3. With scope removed the weapon must still fold
    4. It is cheap to make.
    5. I can do it in my garage with the tools I had at hand.

The final product looks like this:

[​IMG]

It still folds (almost all the way). My scope fits on nicely. It holds it zero after be folded driven around scope removed and replaced etc. In all measures it seems to be working great.

If anyone would like a full description of the materials and procedure please let me know.

By the way the whole thing cost about 20 bucks and it started with a ‘Flat Top Riser Extension” that I bought from Cheaper Than Dirt for $5.95 (SCP-318)

2. jeb_ingram

jeb_ingram

Looks good to me. It threads like this one that make me want a Sub2K for S#!ts and giggles.

3. G26man

G26man OBEY ME!

Now if you can just think of a way to extend the latch so that it actually closes. Well there's always velcro. :)

I did something similar, put a picatiny rail on my right side forearm, its great for a combat light. I'd like to see what you did to get yours to hold sturdily with your screw holes where they are on the seam.

4. tenholewheels

tenholewheels

when i got it bout 2 yrs ago. same setup, weaver rail blah, blah. trick is back the rail under the handguards with something sturdy. i made some threaded blocks by cutting up some pre-threaded material i had from some other project. all i know is the thing is much more pleasant to shoot now with that atn ultra sitting up high like that. what i did o close the barrel was just as you said some velcro i gluing on the bottom of the handguards.

5. LoadedTech

LoadedTech