close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

scifi/nerd film crossovers

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Mwinter, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Mwinter

Mwinter I'm MilkMan Dan

Call me a film/scifi nerd (don't mind at all), but I LOVE crossover/crossref between different shows, comics, books, etc.
    Examples:

-In the outtake/blooper reel of Serenity, 'Mal' does a big cussin rant and ends it with "..MY SHIP!". The blooper reel for "Waiting" (comedy with Ryan Reynolds), one of the actors does the same thing he screws up a line.

-In Nash Bridges, they had Tommy Chong and 'Tubbs' do cameo appearances in an episode, with Chong and 'Tubbs' as partners (Don Johnson and Cheech are partners in the show). Lots of goofs.

-In 'Slither', when the cops are all getting big badazz guns out of the locker, the music playing in the background is 99% of an awesome riff from the 'Predator' soundtrack.

Anyone else love that kinda stuff? I used to really enjoy comic crossovers, like the Punisher or Wolverine fighting (insert Marvel superhero here)

There's lots of 'crossover' in Smallville, but I just don't think Superman was EVER that cool. Spiderman either...(flamesuit ON).

:supergrin:

2. NOCM

NOCM NRA Life Member

In the movie "Maverick" with Mel Gibson, there is a scene where Danny Glover robs a bank. Mel pulls down the kerchief covering Danny's face and they each do a double take saying, "Nah"

It was pretty funny.

Boston Legal does it all the time with references to Star Trek. References to Klingons, Beaming somebody up, etc...

I also love the quips that refer to them knowing they are on TV like, "We didn't see you too much this episode", or "I can't wait until next season"

3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

You're a N.E.R.D.:wavey:

Dave