Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > Scientists create most powerful indoor magnetic field, blow up own lab

Scientists create most powerful indoor magnetic field, blow up own lab

1. That’s pretty cool. Hopefully one day we can harness all that energy in a smart phone that will never die.

2. Didn't these nerds watch Ocean's 11???

[​IMG]

3. Wow. We have 7T and 12T magnets at work, and they each have safety procedures that MUST be followed. I can't imagine a magnet that powerful.

4. Remarkable.

One day I want magnets so powerful that we build hovercraft with them that hover off the earth's magnetic field

5. Good flux capacitors are hard to find.

[​IMG]

6. All that I can say is that it must have been looked up on paper. OOP's...

7. Even the transformers that power certain (Steelmaking) electric arc furnaces can stop watches.
    There is a specific warning for anyone wearing a pacemaker to stay out of the area.

8. Huh, makes me think about how many people with pacemakers got taken out during the Ocean's Eleven EMP.

9. Sooooo "If it blows up, we will build one even MORE powerful" .... :whistling: ..... :crazy:

10. "I never thought I'd see a resonance cascade, let alone create one!"

11. YEAH B****! MAGNETS OWWWW!

12. Just yesterday I was reading about fusion and power generation in THE NEW AMERICAN magazine.

With regard to magnetic fields, 1,200 T is way beyond the ability for me to comprehend.

13. Watch out for the headcrabs!

14. [​IMG]

15. Cascade5.jpg