Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
This is the height of stupidity...

Mesa Unified School District officials say they didn't realize they had upset or offended the officer by asking him not to wear his uniform here on campus.
"We apologize that he took the discussion the wrong way perhaps, that was not the intent of the principal to offend him," said Hollands.
That's the funny thing about intentions....and yes, I do think it was said to offend him....

·
Massive Member
25,750 Posts
Well, I think its just common sense. You wouldn't want a fireman dropping their kid off in uniform, or they might think the school was on fire. Or a milkman either, they might think yesterdays milk was old. God forbid a lawyer wear his expensive suit, they might think their kid was about to be sued!

Can escaped convicts wear their DOC jumpsuits to drop their kids off at school? I think not.

Maybe they can work out a compromise. How about if the officer wears his gun belt below his butt cheeks with his boxers hanging out so he blends in with the student population a little better. Maybe the fools would be more comfortable if he didn't stick out so much.

ETA: FOLKS! Not fools. That darn autocorrect! :whistling:

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
363 Posts
"We didn't mean to offend him." How the hell could anyone think that wouldn't offend him?! If it were me, my kid would have been pulled from that school immediately. I don't want someone that stupid educating my kid.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Typical gun-hating principal. What a moron.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
This may be more common than we'd like to believe. I had a community college in my jurisdiction that had its own "public safety" department. I responded to a call of an unruly subject (turned out to be a homeless drunk). The college officer met me at the entrance and requested that I leave my service weapon in my squad and accompany him to where the drunk was behaving badly. I laughed, got back in my car and drove away.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,579 Posts
I'm allergic to apples. Any teacher that is wearing anything with an apple on it needs to leave it at school. If I see them at Wal-Mart, I might seize up and die.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
This is the height of stupidity...

That's the funny thing about intentions....and yes, I do think it was said to offend him....
+1. Passive agressive BS.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
32,926 Posts
You know what this is all about?

The principal got a call from an unreasonable parent not wanting a police officer with a gun on campus. Rather than tell the bliss ninny she was an idiot and risk it going to admin the principal decided to try the officer since he is going to be more reasonable than the officer. Never mind it is like telling an abused spouse not to piss off her abusive husband. Laziness will bite you in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
You know what this is all about?

The principal got a call from an unreasonable parent not wanting a police officer with a gun on campus. Rather than tell the bliss ninny she was an idiot and risk it going to admin the principal decided to try the officer since he is going to be more reasonable than the officer. Never mind it is like telling an abused spouse not to piss off her abusive husband. Laziness will bite you in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Very true.

And the prinicpal's apology is more "I didn't realize this would become national news because I'm an idiot and didn't think the cop would tell everyone."

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not surprising at all. I had two officers that for years used to drop their kids off at the school and one of them actually used to go have breakfast in the cafeteria. Last year I got a call from the school police chief asking me to tell the officers not to wear the uniform to the school. What morons.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Some so called educators are demonstrating the actions of the most intolerant group of citizens. This is most troublesome because they are in a position to influence children and they know it. They are turning education into a personal vendetta promoting fear in others as a means to deal with the fear of society and life they feel in themselves.

Fear makes you do irrational things and they are doing exactly that. What happened to promoting strength in character and convictions of our children rather than creating new citizens with a fear of everyday life and its challenges. You can't get rid of everything you are afraid of. some things you have to deal with to survive.

"The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. " -Amos Bronson Alcott

You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor. Aristotle

"The problem with America today is that everyone is responsible for everyone else's actions, but nobody is responsible for their own. " -Anonymous

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Very true.

And the prinicpal's apology is more "I didn't realize this would become national news because I'm an idiot and didn't think the cop would tell everyone."
Yes, it seems there was a lot of backpedaling going after this went national.

·
Registered
44 Posts
One would think in this age of school shootings that armed cops in uniform would be welcomed on any campus....one would think.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,579 Posts
One would think in this age of school shootings that armed cops in uniform would be welcomed on any campus....one would think.
GET OUT. and don't come back in here with that crap

·
Unfair Facist
27,066 Posts
After refusing the request I would have asked the principle what the complaining parents DOC number was.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts