GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
he he he.... servers down, phones not answered at school or district. I think America is calling....

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
he he he.... servers down, phones not answered at school or district. I think America is calling....
They may not be open today. If it's a public school like the ones my kids attend, they are out for Veterans' Day. If the phones aren't answering, it could be the voicemail boxes are full.

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
I like that kid. :patriot:

·
Registered
7,844 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
You know what we should do bomb bard their emails box with email and a attachment picture that includes a flag ;

·
Banned
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
external pressure will win. The reason given was that there were racial tensions rising over cinco de mayo. The 'offended' kids need to learn they live in America. Why the hell are there any tensions over a flag when you live in America?

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
So, they backed down. The superintendent says they were only concerned about the boy's safety. If they understand the nature of the threat against the boy's safety, they should be addressing it directly, not by stifling the boy's rights. The superintendent implied they knew some of the actors and would speak to their families, but this should have been their first course of action. Instead, it seems to be a reaction to the firestorm the campus supervisor has sparked.

IMO, the campus supervisor needs to face some discipline over this.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
If anyone needs me I'll be out back building my rocket to Mars. This planet has gone to hell on a rail.
May I hitch along, Eric?:supergrin:

·
I.C.P.
9,428 Posts
I seriously get up every morning and wait to hear that we are at war with ourselves. We will have a 2nd civil war or they will just come kill those of us who "believe" alike.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Superintendent's answer is pure B.S.. If there was a safety concern, what actions did the school take to resolve the safety issue before allowing the flag back?

Superintendent and principle are cowards. They need to stand up to the kids and educate the kids out of their immaturity.

Kids need to learn that there some things must be respected.

School district is crying uncle and the news channel's website is being buried with hits for the story.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
In the superintendent's response it sounded like the 'safety issue' was other kids hassling Cody for flying the flag. If that's true it's disgusting that Cody is asked to stop flying the flag instead of the other kids being dealt with firmly. How can it ever be racist or in any way disrespectful to fly the nations's flag on US soil?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts