GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
https://www.local10.com/news/local/...efusing-to-take-down-black-lives-matter-flag/

COCONUT CREEK, Fla. – A South Florida teacher is claiming that she was forced out of her job as an educator after she refused to take down a Black Lives Matter flag that was displayed in her classroom.

That teacher told Local 10 one of the things she loved most about her now-former private school in Coconut Creek was how they encouraged diversity.

But when a parent complained about her show of support for the BLM movement, she ended up being forced to resign.

Middle school teacher Nadine Cutler showed Local 10′s Christian De La Rosa the Black Lives Matter flag she had hanging up in her classroom until last week, when she claims school administrators at North Broward Preparatory School demanded she take it down.

“It really means acknowledging the systemic racism and inequality,” Cutler said. “With a predominantly white population, I think systemic racism is a really important topic.”

The algebra teacher notes school administrators did not complain about her rainbow flag, which was hanging right next to the Black Lives Matter flag.

“I felt that the administration was kind of picking and choosing which marginalized group they felt comfortable supporting,” Cutler said.

Now jobless, Cutler said she doesn’t regret her choice and hopes her former students learn a lesson from this.

“Silent form of solidarity to spark conversation that might not necessarily be had otherwise,” she said.

School administrators sent an email to parents saying as a multicultural international school, they value inclusivity, but they do not permit teachers to promote their own political or social activism. The full email can be seen at the bottom of this page.

If you take one look at this person, you can clearly see “she” has an agenda. And I would not let “her” anywhere near my child... let alone teach them anything. Scary.
:crazy: :clown:
if she was teaching a political science class and had all the different flags for the kids to see, then I could understand. To just hsve a BLM flag is racist and she should be fired.

·
Moved on...
9,704 Posts

·
Moved on...
9,704 Posts
Good. Now can we get Congress to enact legislation requiring teachers to keep ALL of their personal political and social beliefs out of the school?
BuuuuaHahaaaahaha!!

Now THAT was funny!

Reactions: Bish1309

·
Banned
458 Posts
THIS type of child abuse is one reason why wife and I fired the entire school system and homeschooled two kids. Teachers, public and private seem to regard themselves as Gods and move completely outside their job description-ie: teaching algebra does not require political education. True in other professions also. I had to fire an otherwise good nurse once because she always brought up her lesbian preference as major discussions with patients. Job description people - job description or fire their ass.

·
Making America great again!
16,230 Posts
“It really means acknowledging the systemic racism and inequality,” Cutler said. “With a predominantly white population, I think systemic racism is a really important topic.”

I think systemic stupidity is a more important topic, as this teacher has demonstrated.

Reactions: 9XX19mm and Quijibo

·
Banned
458 Posts

I think systemic stupidity is a more important topic, as this teacher has demonstrated.
You and that incompetent, child abusing “teacher” say “...systemic racism and inequality...with a predominantly white population...” like it’s a bad thing! You might research the meaning of: “Eat only what you kill.”

·
King Doofus.
5,497 Posts
I get a warm fuzzy feeling every day I drive past my kid's principal's house and see the Trump signs on his yard.

·
Banned
458 Posts
Good. Now can we get Congress to enact legislation requiring teachers to keep ALL of their personal political and social beliefs out of the school?
No “act of Congress” needed here! Just active, involved parents preferably organized together, who actually care about their kids’ education.

·
Stop the steal!
17,328 Posts
The algebra teacher notes school administrators did not complain about her rainbow flag, which was hanging right next to the Black Lives Matter flag.
.....and, I'd bet the farm there was no American flag in that classroom. :flag:

This isn't educating......this is indoctrinating. :steamed:

No more social justice issues in the classroom. If it's important, then it's the parents responsibility to teach it. :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts