GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.local10.com/news/local/...efusing-to-take-down-black-lives-matter-flag/

COCONUT CREEK, Fla. – A South Florida teacher is claiming that she was forced out of her job as an educator after she refused to take down a Black Lives Matter flag that was displayed in her classroom.

That teacher told Local 10 one of the things she loved most about her now-former private school in Coconut Creek was how they encouraged diversity.

But when a parent complained about her show of support for the BLM movement, she ended up being forced to resign.

Middle school teacher Nadine Cutler showed Local 10′s Christian De La Rosa the Black Lives Matter flag she had hanging up in her classroom until last week, when she claims school administrators at North Broward Preparatory School demanded she take it down.

“It really means acknowledging the systemic racism and inequality,” Cutler said. “With a predominantly white population, I think systemic racism is a really important topic.”

The algebra teacher notes school administrators did not complain about her rainbow flag, which was hanging right next to the Black Lives Matter flag.

“I felt that the administration was kind of picking and choosing which marginalized group they felt comfortable supporting,” Cutler said.

Now jobless, Cutler said she doesn’t regret her choice and hopes her former students learn a lesson from this.

“Silent form of solidarity to spark conversation that might not necessarily be had otherwise,” she said.

School administrators sent an email to parents saying as a multicultural international school, they value inclusivity, but they do not permit teachers to promote their own political or social activism. The full email can be seen at the bottom of this page.

If you take one look at this person, you can clearly see “she” has an agenda. And I would not let “her” anywhere near my child... let alone teach them anything. Scary.
:crazy: :clown:

·
I'm your huckleberry....
17,482 Posts
“It really means acknowledging the systemic racism and inequality,” Cutler said. “With a predominantly white population, I think systemic racism is a really important topic.”
:crazy: :clown:
If it were true (systemic? Huh?) and she could prove it - maybe. Why try to encourage discord instead of just TEACHING?! Ever thought of that Nadine?

Reactions: hogship

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,473 Posts
....................she has NO CLUE!!!..............
My, how brainless the "useful idiots" can be. No wonder they fall for such crap.

·
1,069 Posts
Good riddance. I hope the school board doesn't cave and re-hire her. I am so glad I don't have any school age children these days.

·
GTDS
4,512 Posts
When your boss tells you to do something, it's the company way or the highway.

Why is that hard to understand?

·
1,069 Posts
If it were true (systemic? Huh?) and she could prove it - maybe. Why try to encourage discord instead of just TEACHING?! Ever thought of that Nadine?
Yes, I agree. Teach... English (reading/writing), mathematics, science, history... no social justice issues, no critical race theory...

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,689 Posts
Probably bats for the other team and has a Black partner...all snide aside, this crap really turns my crank...EXACTLY the kind of indoctrination in the school system that is threatening to ruin this generation and has already significantly harmed previous generations...now, I see it has filtered down to the private sector as well...big sigh!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

And she taught Algebra of all things?!?

Why is she even discussing social issues or political issues in Algebra class? Completely and totally in the wrong here. Won’t even dare touch on the dress code issues either.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably bats for the other team and has a Black partner...all snide aside, this crap really turns my crank...EXACTLY the kind of indoctrination in the school system that is threatening to ruin this generation and has already significantly harmed previous generations...now, I see it has filtered down to the private sector as well...big sigh!

As we say in the Big Leagues... definitely a designated pitcher.

·
Registered
18,705 Posts
Wonder besides the blm and rainbow flags was the US flag in her classroom.
People who put their kids in private schools pay big bucks to be there. If a couple of people complain, I would expect a teacher to be gone. That said, I am not interested in a teachers political views at all; just don't try to brainwash my kids. "It is an institution of education, not a political indoctrination 'academy', Comrade."

·
Glock Fanboi
2,454 Posts
I have absolutely NO problem of allowing her to display a BLM flag in her classroom as long as I am allowed to display my CSA battle flag in mine. Free speech means FREE for all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts