close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

School Service

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, May 2, 2006.

1. Allegra

Allegra

guys , suggestion ano maganda cheap na van
    Low maintenance , kasi papalit palit ng driver
    It will be used to take kids to school
    Salamat

2. atmarcella

atmarcella

3. Allegra

Allegra

Pards, I prefer b'new , kasi wala ako alam sa maintenance ng car hehe
    2nd hand cars seem to hate me , tapos ssuper ang byahe taking my kids
    The obvious choice would be the innova
    I'm wondering if there was a cheaper alternative like the L300 , Kia pregio vans etc.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

5. atmarcella

atmarcella

sabi mo kasi cheap eh:supergrin:

6. Allegra

Allegra

hehe ayus a
    Thanx!

7. theTactician

theTactician

sir, why not try the subic japan imported vans? i hear na ok pa rin daw mga condition ng mga yon

8. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

fafa: school service namin isuzu crosswind, xt model. ito yung entry level nilang AUV.

manual tranny, proven and reliable 2.5 isuzu diesel engine. 12 km per liter, malakas humatak. ride is not so harsh. overall, very happy ako sa performance. mas maganda interior sana ng xto and xuv pero mas maganda driveability ng manual. tsaka pareho tayong tsane kaya xt kinuha ko!

9. Allegra

Allegra

I'm intersted nga dun sa delica pero for myself :)
    4wd automatic w/ sunroof for only 270t

10. Allegra

Allegra

yup, maganda nga yung ahente este yung Xwind ng isuzu
    parang I'm leaning towrds it or a cheap van :)

11. toxic

toxic

isuzu's are great mine is the hilander xtreme millenium model plenty of space for school bags. Ok na yun pang harabas, you can check out hyundai also.

12. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

fafa A: oo nga pala! take a look at the hyundai tucson 2.0 liter gas model. It is rated at 140 hp, 9-10km per liter. 160-170 kph sa highway. Ganda ng ride. Italiano pa ang nag-design. Very good reviews pa! 900+k nga lang brand new. The CRDI model goes for 1.04M

Not as versatile as an AUV or van but ganda ng porma for a Korean automobile!

13. toxic

toxic

Adding info sa Tucson, its almost the same dimensions/size with that of RAV 4 and the CRV. Hyundai dealer is Somewhere along E Rodriguez QC one time i saw a note on thier showroom they accept trade in.

Daewoo and Kia Pregio: another choice but makapal pa ang lata ng sardinas kesa sa body ng daewoo and pregio.

Delica: 2 friends of mine sells reconditioned delica in Bulacan..according to them , their clients compliants are poor AC and problems with the shock absorbers.
    Good to drive "mabilis" but i dont like the position of the engine sa ilalim ng driver. less protection sa front pasenger and driver coz of the short front end.But thats just my opininoin , tsambahan lang siguro kung maayos ang makuha from subic and malas kung may diperensya.

14. Allegra

Allegra

ay , diesel lang gusto ko for the kids
    layo ng byahe everyday eh , yung tipong 20km per liter hehe
    muntik na nga elf bilin ko eh , kaso maglalakad nalang daw cla

15. isuzu

isuzu

The Hyundai Tucson is a very good vehicle. Lots of them being sold in Canada. I think they have the same platform as the new Kia Sportage which is also enjoying brisk sales. Also watch out for the new Hyundai Sonata which has more standard features than the Honda Accord and a lot cheaper than the Accord. It beats the Accord in sound insulation. Also, the new Civic is not a well-designed car. Lots of owners here complain that their knees hit the area where the pedals are located when they get in or out the car. The oil dipstick is also plastic! Suspension is the simplest design (not like the previous models which are of the multi-link design).

If you're planning to buy an Isuzu, get a Crosswind. The cheaper the better. Anyway, it's for school service. Get the basic model. It's lighter than the dressed up model and you'll end up saving on fuel (extra weight=extra fuel). Maintenance on the Isuzu is not that high compared to Toyota or Mitsubishi. Timing gear pa ang engine, so you won't have to worry about changing a timing belt and tensioners. It's also frugal on diesel fuel. I've owned one of the first 4x4 CBU pickups that were sold in 1995, and it had the same engine as the non-turbo Crosswinds. Served me well. Micro fuel filter cost me P180.00 and oil filter cost me P240.00 as compared to P650.00 for the Mitsubishi Adventure's fuel filter and P550.00 for the oil filter (based on 2004 prices).

16. pogi

pogi Nuon

Allegra,

Borrowing words from Erap konting "suggestment" lang.

My "Bilas'" business is...he imports junk vehicles from Japan (about PHP20-30thou lang each), reconditions them(including the transfer of right hand drive-to-left) and sells at Subic. He said "junk" because talagang junk DAW! He is the one going from junkyard to junkyard in Japan to get all those "patapon" and ship them here. He is ONE of the BIG 3 whose business is such. They have Elfs, Pajeros, Delicas, Hi-Aces, Patrols etc.

From his words..."minsan makakatiyempo ka ng good one pero 1 out of 50 yun".

And his advice to me..."kung hindi kaibigan-we will sell. kung kaibigan-HINDI KO IREREKOMENDA". Why? " Kasi after 1 week duon na lalabas lahat ng sira. Kung puede lang akong mamatay sa MURA ng mga nakabili...3 years nakong dedo."

He said importation is now "on hold" due to numerous complaints received by govt. agencies involved.

Last year, I was looking for good 2nd hand delivery van. HE DID NOT EVEN OFFER HIS UNITS TO ME.

Pre, PAG-ISIPAN MO lang before opting for Subic vehicles.

Some may NOT agree with what I claim just because they have or they drive one from Subic. But request them to tell the truth whether sumasakit o hindi ang ulo nila sa kaka-repair. Kund HINDI...GOOD!Nakatiyempo siya!!!!!!! He is 1 out those 50.

Kung sumasakit naman ulo niya...BENTA MO NA KID!!!!!!!

Sana walang magalit sakin.

17. atmarcella

atmarcella

good info pogi... thanks;)

18. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Hyundai Matrix. Di nga lang kasing ganda nung Tucson, pero I'm sure matipid. My folks bought a CRDI Starex a few months ago and had a chance to see Hyundai's service center along EDSA. Very impressive.

19. Allegra

Allegra

Hi Pogi!

There are people who love tinkering with cars and engines
    I'm not one of them
    Thanks for the info

20. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

L300(van or FB)- matibay,dami pyesa.but no borloloy.
    starex-ok daw.
    hyunday tucson-pogi (diesel ha)
    nissan urvan- reliable also.
    isuzu-good choice also.
    yes,get a diesel one.shop and compare.goodluck!