Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I'm 11 months away from my next birthday. This one will be the big 3-O. I'm having fun with this one. For example, I want to recreate my first birthday, with the part where I get my own cake and tear into it with my hands.

And of course, with it being a landmark birthday, I want a cool present. I've had my eyes on the Glock 24 ever since I bought my first G22. Can any end users out there share some pictures of theirs? And what you think of it?

I know, the G35 is easier to find. I want one of those too, but the G24 would be a unique and sentimental piece to me. Why? Because they aren't that common, and me likey.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Glock 24s are fairly hard to find but they are out there..
I saw one for sale at a local gun show a while back for $750??

I'd look into the Glock 30 :supergrin:
Yesterday was my 45th Birthday & No I didn't get a new 1911 :crying:

·
"It Is Written"
1,470 Posts
I have a 24 and 35 both are very smooth shooting .40's. Very accurate and 100% reliable. I plan a .357sig barrel for the 24 this summer. If you like longslides the 24 or 17L are great choices,d

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Have one pictured in my avitar except it has a custom LWD slide with a 357 sig barrel. Long slides ROCK !!! Really smooth and long range shooters. Go for it, you wont be sorry...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my 24 about a year ago.

I am a pretty fair shot, but my age and eyes are creeping up on me,.........that being said, my shooting has improved markedly when I shoot my 24.

Longer barrel, longer sight plane, more stable, for me a better sight picture.......I shoot better with it than any other pistol. Just got a 34 and I kick butt with this one too......maybe it is just the awesome weapon I am using Ha Ha Ha Ha

Just buy the 24, they are worth hunting for, you won't be sorry at all.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,514 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with it... It's too big to fit in the IDPA 'box' and can only be shot in the Competition Division in GSSF. And it's too large to (reasonably) carry.

I use mine for bowling pins only, once a month. I suppose it will last at least forever like that. It is a nice shooter, but you may find that you'll get more use out of a G35 and likely for a lot less money. Zero problems though, from my 24.

They are unique. I believe Glock's last run was in 2008.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
As a huge fan of Glock longslides, I swear that you won't regret it if you get one. It is the best .40 s&w I have ever shot, and it is my primary home defense gun. Headshots at 20 - 25 yards are an easy to achieve norm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts