Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Large Frame Enthusiast ;)
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Particularly the Korean mags and other aftermarket mags.

I got several Korean 9mm mags, 17rds, 33rds, and a single 27rd G21, along with a 13rd G21 mag, afaik all are Korean. I was wondering about the pitfalls and fixes for these, I read (from Gen. Kumquat Non-parrotus Goofball LMAO!!!) that the G21 mags had feed problems. I'm wondering about the general consensus on Korean Glock Mags and the common ills, and the common fixes. TIA!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Gunmagwarehouse.com in Miami has a ton of mags for Glocks including some of the after market ones. I recently bought 2 G19 gen 4 15 rounds original Glock equipment for $19.99 each from them and was impressed with the promptness of the order being shipped. When you look at P Mags for the G19 at $15.95 and wonder if the extra $4 in worth the sacrifice it comes up a big yes for me. Some of the Korean mags that I have tried in the past has been disappointing and ended up being tossed.

I strolled by the mags at Cabelas yesterday and saw the G19 gen4 15 round mags I was shopping for priced at $38.95 each. Made my choice to order from Gunmagwarehouse easy. Shipping costs are also reasonable from them also.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I bought a couple of them . The one I have tried is the 30 round (or close to it , don't remember the exact count ) and it did fine with my 40 but it would not function at all with my 357 Sig. Granted it is a 40 magazine but I have not had any problems using 40 Glock factory mags in my 357 pistols .
Range , plinking , target practice is all I would use them for. I prefer bone stock Glock for carry, gun and mags .

Reactions: RACHIGER

·
Banned
1,776 Posts
never seen them in my stores and i wouldnt buy them either. i bought some clear mags for my 17 dont remember the name of them and i aint walking back to my room to look unless someone gives me a gift card for a bottle of bourbon. bought some magpuls for my 17 they work great as well. now i use them in my 19. and i would not object to someone posting a name of the exstenions i can buy for the 17 round mags when iuse them in my 19 to make them look nicer. yes i m drunk so bear with me or is bare either wat hook me up with the extension brand name homies.

·
Registered
761 Posts
From what I read on various forums the verdict on Korean magazines is decidedly mixed. I bought a few for my G19s after Sandy Hook when Glock magazines were simply not available and I didn't know how deep the regulatory hysteria might run.

I use them only at the range and in thousands of rounds they have worked perfectly for me. The only problem I had was when they were new they wouldn't always drop free when empty. I wiped them down heavily with Armor All, let them sit about 10 minutes then wiped them off. No problem with drop free since.

Earlier this year I got a few Magpuls year for $12 each and they work well also. Again, range use only.

For carry I use only Glock factory magazines. But, does anyone actually pay Dillon Precision $39.95 for a Glock 19 magazine?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Particularly the Korean mags and other aftermarket mags.

I got several Korean 9mm mags, 17rds, 33rds, and a single 27rd G21, along with a 13rd G21 mag, afaik all are Korean. I was wondering about the pitfalls and fixes for these, I read (from Gen. Kumquat Non-parrotus Goofball LMAO!!!) that the G21 mags had feed problems. I'm wondering about the general consensus on Korean Glock Mags and the common ills, and the common fixes. TIA!
Glock factory magazines have a pain in the arse to remove floor plate.
Sadly glock has not remedied this flaw in all the decades it's been in business.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
My preference is to buy Glock OEM magazines. I bought two Korean 31 round .40 when they first hit the market for $12 each. They were great for practicing failure to feed drills. I sold them at a gun show during the Obama magazine scare for $25 each.

I have 4 or 5 Magpul magazines, 9mm (17 round). The first batch of Magpuls were bad, but they quickly identified and addressed the issue and made it right with customers. The ones I have now have been 100% so far.

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
I've got some of the KCI (Korean) and Magpuls. They've all been as reliable as the Glock mags.

IIRC, the story with the KCI mags, was that Glock signed a big deal with Korea to supply military and law enforcement. It was a yuge deal. One of the concessions that Korea got was that they could make the mags. Not sure why Korea would want to equip their military and LEOs with mags that don't work. I've found they work just fine. They can even be rebuilt with Glock parts if needed (unlike the Magpuls). The Magpuls have also been 100%.

I don't understand why Glockers look down on aftermarket mags. The 1911, AR and AK crowd go to aftermarket mag like a duck to water. Magpuls have certainly proved themselves in the AR market.

·
Large Frame Enthusiast ;)
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot, EVERYONE. All opinions valued!

I think I'll keep my Korean Mags, but from now on I'm buying all genuine GLOCK Mags ;)
I did see an old post somewhere on a gun forum, maybe even here, that said the Korean Happy Sticks could be made more reliable with the +10% Wolff Springs. I also got one (9mm, 33rds) before I ever had my first Glock, but it was a bargain bin deal. CHEAP. I loaded it up, thumb cycled the rounds out, and had hangups of the follower. There was plastic flash in there, I trimmed it out, lightly sanded it, coated the interior with DFL and reassembled. Seemed to work normally, thumb cycled. I gave it to my good friend RACHGIER (admin at Hipointfirearmsforums.com) for his old lady, (G19) and they both used it, 100% function in live fire. But that should not be needed for a new magazine, IMO.

I have a Korean 1911 drum, 28rds of 45ACP, and it was perfect in a 4595TS.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I tried Korean those Glock mags (KCI) years ago and they were all garbage. 15rd., 17rd., and 33rd., all junk and a waste of money. They did not function more than half the time, springs would hang up causing the rounds to be able to just fall out of the magazines. When taken apart, the springs were a different size between same capacity mags., the magazine bodies were rough on the inside, just terrible quality.

With Magpul and ETS making Glock magazines, there is absolutely no reason anybody should waste their hard earned money on those garbage Korean magazines. Magpul and ETS magazines function 100%, just like Glock OEM and they offer several different capacities over OEM.

For carry it's Glock OEM only for me but my Magpul and ETS mags have been flawless in competition and range use since day one. Well worth the little money they cost IMO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.