close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

School Me In Stealth Trail Cameras!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RayB, Nov 29, 2012.

1. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Hi, all! :wavey:

I received an email from Natchez featuring assorted trail cameras on sale... I have a basic understanding of what's involved, but no practical experience... :headscratch:

Anyway, I thought one of these might be fun, to download the prior evening's wildlife visitors to our water and food offerings! :supergrin:

I don't want to spend a whole lot on this... I don't hunt... And I would download it every morning... What would you recommend, and what do I need to get rolling? :dunno:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

--Ray

2. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Thanks! :wavey:

--Ray

4. Kc.38

Kc.38

I also have several. It is real interesting to see what goes on in the woods when you are not there. Also I set them up in the house and shop when on vacation, just in case of a brake-in.

5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I set mine up in my backyard with motion sensing, and it repeatedly took pictures triggered by shadows passing over the lens in the PM. Lots of pictures......

6. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Thanks, all!

I'm curious...

In 2007, I was watering Judy's flowers at 4:00 a.m., and I heard a deep, basso snuffling, coming from behind the neighbor's garage; and I do mean deep... The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and I went in the house until sunrise, to finish the job. :faint:

In 2009 I was riding my bike at 3:00 a.m., and the wooden surround around a restaurant's dumpsters was shaking and buffeting... I turned my bike around and went home... :shocked:

In both cases, I really don't care to meet what was making that noise and commotion! Uh-uh... :dunno:

We're two miles from a world-class zoo; and black bear have been seen in parks and back yards... One black bear was seen sleeping under a JC Penny warehouse semi trailer, a few years back... :wow:

Deer walking up the street at night or in broad daylight is not all that uncommon here--I've seen it several times. Where there's prey, there's often a predator... :headscratch:

Just saying... :whistling:

--Ray

7. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

My son wanted a game camera, to set up along a creek, that runs through the farm we have permission to hunt.

One friend recommended a "Wild Game Innovations" camera.
    Bass Pro Shops had it on sale for $59.99 right after Thanksgiving.

He set it up on Opening Day of MD's Firearms Season (Whitetail Deer).

The next day, just before we left, we retrieved the camera and took it home, to check the photos.

We were surprised to find several good photos! Resolution is fantastic!!!!

The best photo is of a friend walking by the tree, unaware that the camera is even there!!:rofl: