Scary sight at PetSmart..

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Blinky, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I walked in to pick up food for my cat and I saw that one of the training classes was just starting. I got the food and decided to check out the class and what I saw made my jaw drop. There was a young sheltie in there that was very nervous/excited. Very loud whimpering, was unable to keep still, occasional barking, especially when a new dog arrived in the class. So what did the "trainer" do? Well, when the dog barked, she walked up to the dog and yelled "NO!" and clapped her hands. Well, what did the dog do? The dog stopped for one second and then continued in the nervous/excited behavior. Then the "trainer" walked away! I was shocked. Even more shocking was when the dog barked again. The "trainer" did the same thing and the dog started barking at her. She yelled "no" louder, it became a game for the dog. I stood there for about 10 min and the dog never stopped and was never corrected properly. It took everything I had not to walk in and correct the dog and show the owner what she needs to do. I was dumbfounded. Then she let the owners walk their dogs around the store. One of the dogs peed in the store and was not corrected! I couldn't believe it! I talked to the trainer just to get an idea of what they teach. Well, the don't believe in any type of correction at all! That may work with the happy easy going dogs, it was apparent that the sheltie was not that dog. I just know that, that poor owner isn't going to have a properly balanced dog if she continues on the "program" that PetSmart has set up.

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty