Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I was thinking about buying one of their Trijicon RMR riser mounts until I ran into the price.

It looks like an amazing piece for what it is.

I ended up going with a cheapo UTG unit that is literally nearly the exact weight IIRC. Definitely not trying to compare qualities by any means. Just the direction I went at this time. It's for a competition gun in my case. Not a drop it down a mountain gun.

Maybe someday I'll try one.

Looking forward to hearing your results and thoughts.

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
13,475 Posts
Ehhh...its just the latest high end bling for an AR... In two years it will be something else and this stuff will be old news.

I'm sure it works and its light etc...and of course Larry Vickers gets paid to endorse it...what bling was he endorsing last year? I can't remember.

Almost any mount will return to zero on a pic rail if you use a little common sense in terms of how you position it on the rail. There's no magic here...

Its a nice mount but I won't be replacing the Larues I currently have on my micro aimpoints or the factory mounts on my Holosun, SPARC AR etc etc...they work fine, return to zero and the price was right.

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Larue mount.

The point I like about the Scalarworks mount is the way in which it attaches. No tools, no lever, nothing protruding. It’s light weight, does not loosen and does not shift.

Yes, there may be another greatest thing come next year. Larry or some other may indorse something else. Personally, I see it as a better mousetrap.......for ME.

·
Millennium Number 1143
1,716 Posts
They're great and about the same price as Larue mount but much lighter

Reactions: Jed Cooper

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts
...and doesn't come with rib rub and beverage entry tool nor does Scalarworks wear into the receiver and/or pic rail.

Dust

2 T sugar +1 t
3 t salt
1 1/2 t sweet paprika
1 1/2 t smoked paprika
2 t chili powder
1/4 t celery seed
1/2 t cumin seed
1/2 t garlic powder

Reactions: DA SWO

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
That Scalaworks mount looks pretty cool. I like my ADM mount that comes as a package with the Aimpoint Micro when bought from SWFA.com.

Nothing fancy but it works and it's cheap. BTW, 1.5-oz versus 3.5-oz is nothing.

·
Millennium Number 1143
1,716 Posts
if one is just on a square range a few oz here and there don't matter

but if one is carrying, hiking, or moving and shooting
oz = lbs = pain

cut 2 oz off 6 components = 12 oz lighter = lower swing weight off your rifle alone

some AR grips are almost 4 oz or as light as 1.5

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
if one is just on a square range a few oz here and there don't matter

but if one is carrying, hiking, or moving and shooting
oz = lbs = pain

cut 2 oz off 6 components = 12 oz lighter = lower swing weight off your rifle alone

some AR grips are almost 4 oz or as light as 1.5
When I was a machine gunner, going from a 23-lbs M60 to a 15-lbs SAW, that’s a big weight different.

Saving less than 2-oz ain’t squat one way or another.

·
Millennium Number 1143
1,716 Posts
save 2 oz off every part on your rifle and every part on your kit can = carrying 20lbs less weight or 20lbs more ammo
but if you're only walking to the range from your car, don't worry about it LOL

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts
That Scalaworks mount looks pretty cool. I like my ADM mount that comes as a package with the Aimpoint Micro when bought from SWFA.com.

Nothing fancy but it works and it's cheap. BTW, 1.5-oz versus 3.5-oz is nothing.

ADM makes great mount as well

1 - 20 of 30 Posts