41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Just sayin'
4,634 Posts
LMT or Daniel Defense

·
NRA Life Member
922 Posts
I'll play. Rock River Operator. You may ask why. It is really quite simply. It was the only M4gery available within 50 miles when 5000 of my neighbors and I were spending our insurance checks after the Great Bastrop County Labor Day Conflagration of 2011.

Reactions: ditto1958

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If you are employed by the big green weeny your weapon is built by the lowest bidder....whats the point?

·
Premium Member
42,061 Posts
So, let's say you're a mercenary, and you're hired to go off and fight somewhere. Your employers require you to show up armed with an AR-15, and you know it's gotta be really durable and reliable (Bud's and PSA probably don't deliver where you're going).

So, what would your your tough-as-nails, bomb proof, for real combat AR be like?

Knights Mod 2

Reactions: pag23

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
So, let's say you're a mercenary, and you're hired to go off and fight somewhere. Your employers require you to show up armed with an AR-15, and you know it's gotta be really durable and reliable (Bud's and PSA probably don't deliver where you're going).

So, what would your your tough-as-nails, bomb proof, for real combat AR be like?
I'd be a horrible merc, but assuming I was in this situation, I'd be less concerned with the brand of rifle and more concerned with fully testing it out first and outfitting it appropriately. For me, that's a suppressor, a mid-length handguard, an optic, light, and sling.

Would probably look like this plus a can, waterproof Aimpoint, sling (HK clips, not QD like the one pictured is setup for), plus a proper weapon light from a reputable company (Surefire, etc). I might swap the MBUS for the MBUS Pro.

That's a PSA lower & BCM upper. I'd probably just buy a BCM factory gun in the same configuration.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,899 Posts
I'm thinking most people here actually own what they would use, or something close to it.

It doesn't really matter much, as long as it works well for you.

·
Banned
663 Posts
If I were a merc, I'd be toting either an Uzi or an FAL.

Hoare and the boys were kick-a$$ in Angola. Killed many Simba's... the good ol' days.

Reactions: Ofc.JL

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Could I get my issue M16A2 back before it got converted? It was a fine weapon with good sights. The A3 mods screwed up the sights and gave it that crappy burst mode.:2gun:

In all honesty a Colt M4 with the "correct" mods for the area would do for a long gun. There are others that would work but Colt is the standard by which all others are measured.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
For me, my choice would any one of the ones I have built. I have plenty to choose from.

·
Ruggedly handsome
24,041 Posts
I would definately want something select fire a colt m-4 would do I suppose!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts