Say hello to Rowan the Rough Collie!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Greywolf, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Greywolf

Greywolf

Honestly, when's the last time you've seen someone out walking a rough collie? We have people, especially older folks, constantly stopping us to pet "Lassie" (everyone calls Rowan that). Not to sound biased, but I think he's the best looking rough collie I've ever seen. And a perfect collie temperment, too. To top it off, he is a MONSTER - 100 pounds and 38 inches at the shoulders - which is about 40% heavier and 20% taller than the highest end of the range a collie is supposed to be. We think he had a genetic throwback to when the Borzoi was mixed in to the collie line.

You should see him leap - he chases squirels in our yard and has almost jumped OVER our 6 foot privacy fence - amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

That's a beautiful dog!

3. Greywolf

Greywolf

Thank you! He's just such a wonderful dog, too. When he stares at you with those big brown eyes and wags his tail you can't help but fall in love with him. And has never had an accident in the house, or gone after the cats - I think he's afraid of them!

But when he gets in a playful mood outside with our 80 pound Sheltie/Shepherd mix, he will absolutely mangle her (in a playful way) and throws her around like a ragdoll!

4. FixedSights

FixedSights

I love collies... I have a collie/lab mix... I'll post up pics later tonight if I can remember. Oh, and even though my dog is a mutt and therefore doesn't have collie ears, she also gets the "Lassie" comment all the time, too.

5. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto Guest