Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no idea GT's now carries the 19M until today when one of the employees handed me one and asked if I wanted to buy it. I asked if they had the FBI coating on the internals, and he said yes. I have no idea if that's true, because I didn't care enough to look.

I must not be well versed in Glocks, because I've never heard of a Miami barrel until today. But, you can buy one pretty cheap. I'm going to assume these are going to be regular production guns which kind of dampens my interest.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey just looked up the Miami barrel. It appears Miami dade police dept. requested a barrel that would allow bullets from LE officers more easily identified in dead civilians ( be they suspects or casualties of shootings). So there is a little FYI for you and me both ( I had not heard of this either). It was developed to facilitate identification of LE bullets.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like the mystery of where the "M" came from could be put to bed. Thanks to the OP for that picture with the SKU's - clears up a lot. The first two (L-R) should have the nDLC internal trigger bar and connector, whereas the one to the far right is probably equivalent to the Lipsey's release per its SKU. Now will have all three in my collection, which is cool. Too bad for the people that paid big coin for them earlier!

Here's some good reading on the "Miami" barrel (and plenty on the web as well): https://www.ascld.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Hernandez-Glock-Study.pdf

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like the mystery of where the "M" came from could be put to bed. Thanks to the OP for that picture with the SKU's - clears up a lot. The first two (L-R) should have the nDLC internal trigger bar and connector, whereas the one to the far right is probably equivalent to the Lipsey's release per its SKU. Now will have all three in my collection, which is cool. Too bad for the people that paid big coin for them earlier!

Here's some good reading on the "Miami" barrel (and plenty on the web as well): https://www.ascld.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Hernandez-Glock-Study.pdf
So, the one in the middle is the equivalent of the FBI 19M?

·
Mr. Awesome
11,254 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe the FBI get the Ameriglo sights.
So, the one in the middle is somewhat close with coated internals but Glock sights. And the one on the right is somewhat close with the Ameriglo's and no coating. And then there's the Miami barrel version. Sounds fun for collectors.

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
I had no idea GT's now carries the 19M until today when one of the employees handed me one and asked if I wanted to buy it. I asked if they had the FBI coating on the internals, and he said yes. I have no idea if that's true, because I didn't care enough to look.

I must not be well versed in Glocks, because I've never heard of a Miami barrel until today. But, you can buy one pretty cheap. I'm going to assume these are going to be regular production guns which kind of dampens my interest.
Left to right: FBI version; nDLC internals with Glock night sights; plain jane 19M no nDLC internals
Hey just looked up the Miami barrel. It appears Miami dade police dept. requested a barrel that would allow bullets from LE officers more easily identified in dead civilians ( be they suspects or casualties of shootings). So there is a little FYI for you and me both ( I had not heard of this either). It was developed to facilitate identification of LE bullets.
That was part of the original FBI requirements, which necessitated the change in barrel design. FBI previously couldn't tie a round back to a specific barrel/gun.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,254 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Left to right: FBI version; nDLC internals with Glock night sights; plain jane 19M no nDLC internals

That was part of the original FBI requirements, which necessitated the change in barrel design. FBI previously couldn't tie a round back to a specific barrel/gun.
The one in the far left has the number for the FBI, I believe. At least, according to this threads first page:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/got-a-19m-with-dlc-internals-fbi-spec-unfired.1806274/

Thanks for the information. I've read a bit on the M guns, but I've never heard mention of the Miami barrel. I thought the nDLC, and maybe sights, were the only thing differentiating the FBI gun from the Lipsey's. I may head back to check one out.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,254 Posts
Which store was this at?

·
Registered
132 Posts
So, the one in the middle is somewhat close with coated internals but Glock sights. And the one on the right is somewhat close with the Ameriglo's and no coating. And then there's the Miami barrel version. Sounds fun for collectors.
My speculation - from another thread - is that the one in the middle is a new SKU due to some other agencies going to the 19 (maybe the M, as well). It was announced that the FAM service (which includes FFDO's) are making the switch, and my guess is that the GNS version could be the one. Still remains to be seen, but interesting that this version popped up anyway. I have a Lipsey's 17 & 19M already (same SKU as the one on the right), and have the other two on the way as well now.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Here is a California LE dealer offering of the same handgun.
I am surprised at this price since the Glock LE series of handguns should have a set price from Glock no matter the location. That is the whole point of Glock offering to those who meet the minimum qualifications.

This one has the same Glock part number as the one on the far right.

1E61894F-0523-43DA-887C-066EE2A0B0DC.jpeg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts