Glock Talk banner

Saw First 2022 Tundra Today

2543 Views 29 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Appalachian Ron
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Giant Member
7,452 Posts
My concern with the Tundras this year is they don't have a V8 option. I don't plan on being in the market for a couple more years so maybe they will bring the 8 back before I am ready to buy.
Better get after it quick, the V8 seems to be disappearing in 1/2 tons.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
Wow! I did not realize they were out yet. I might have to check them out. I have had excellent service out of the two Toyota trucks I owned. I realize this truck is completely different. Never owned a turbocharged vehicle. Maybe this will be the first.

· Registered
2,052 Posts
Ive not seen one under $56k, most were mid 60s plus, at any dealer in sw ohio. Someone posted on the f150 forum that they test drove one with the base turbo. Said it was very noisy. Felt power and drive wise it acted like it struggled on the road.

· Registered
1 Posts
I don’t really like the new front-end design and think it’s too massive. But it’s only me and my taste in cars. I like off-road cars but would still prefer something like this toyota supra for sale mk4. It’s older, but I still like the car's design and idea. I know it’s not as practical as Toyota is and is basically intended for different purposes, but if I had to choose, I would choose the second variant because it’s closer to what I like and what I want from a car. But what are your car preferences? And which car would you choose if you hadn’t been worried about practical needs?

· Registered
622 Posts
After 13 years in an 09 Crewmax which I loved I bypassed the Gen3 Tundra for a 2021 F150 hybrid with 7.2 kilowatt generator. This C&D comparo summarizes the feelings that drove me to do it better than I originally did. Toyota seemed to have made a conscious decision not to strive to be at the top of any particular ratings category this time around because the first Generation's best in class list in 2007 did not get it a particularly big bite out of domestic sales. So we ended up with a model with the rear floor transmission hump, slightly shrunken all around interior dimensions, average power for the class and no particular standout features.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts