Glock Talk banner

Saw First 2022 Tundra Today

2533 Views 29 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Appalachian Ron
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,833 Posts
The front end like my Ram that's so low to the ground it barely clears a curb? Say good bye to steep approach and departure angles in new vehicles in the name of mileage. You can use those off-road locking differentials on groomed gravel roads...assuming no potholes or obstacles.

· Registered
28,314 Posts
I have discovered that what a vehicle looks like doesn't matter that much to me. Although at one point years ago it really mattered.

Now after a few weeks it all just becomes invisible - I don't even notice it.

· Registered
2,697 Posts
The Tundra's always seem to hold up well and are built with quality components (here in San Antonio I might add) and they get a lot of support for having their plant here. They do always seem to be behind on features (interior) which apparently matter more and more in trucks. I would have to color match that front bumper to minimize the grill size, but at least the hood slopes down a little like the RAM.

The design has to last 7 years before it changes again so hopefully it will grow on us like the Gen 3 Raptors look a little better now that I have seen them for a while,

· Registered
8,767 Posts
I got my tundra because the back seat was just as roomy as the front seat, none of the others were. I got over 100K miles without a major problem. I'd like to keep it until 200K. Most likely will get another.

· Registered
11,491 Posts
The Tundra's always seem to hold up well and are built with quality components (here in San Antonio I might add) and they get a lot of support for having their plant here. They do always seem to be behind on features (interior) which apparently matter more and more in trucks. I would have to color match that front bumper to minimize the grill size, but at least the hood slopes down a little like the RAM.

The design has to last 7 years before it changes again so hopefully it will grow on us like the Gen 3 Raptors look a little better now that I have seen them for a while,
My concern with the Tundras this year is they don't have a V8 option. I don't plan on being in the market for a couple more years so maybe they will bring the 8 back before I am ready to buy.

· I feel pretty.
7,382 Posts
Ugly.

Looks like they're after the GM guys. They also love the complete lack of fender clearance that square wheel wells provide.

If the truck can't fit five 35" tires, then it's useless to me. (that's right, I want the spare under the bed to be 35" in diameter as well)

· Registered
1,986 Posts
No tow hooks for even the off-road version + no bumper step for shrimps like me unless you spring for the more expensive trims = no thanks. Even their latest version is several years behind. Really wanted to like the new Tundra but it just falls short.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts