close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saving photos

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DaveUSAF, Aug 28, 2004.

1. DaveUSAF

DaveUSAF

My computer at home will only allow me to save pictures as .art or .gif files. It doesn't even offer the chance to save them as .jpg files. I can open jpg files that I already have but when I try to save them on another disk, it saves as .art or .gif. How do I change the default to save as jpg?

HELP

Dave

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

The reason why is because you are using some sort of a program that will not support you saving in any other format.

Lets try this from the begining.

What program are you using to view or save your pictures.

3. DaveUSAF

DaveUSAF

I need to clarify my previous message. When I right click on a phot and click "save picture as" it olny shows "bitmap" as the file type. I cleared out my temporary internet files to see if it made a difference but no luck. I cannot save any scanned photos as jpg files. I am using XP on an HP computer with a 2.8MHz Celeron.

Thanks

4. gudel

gudel

5. DaveUSAF

DaveUSAF

I'll check this out when I get home but I don't use internet exploroer as we have AOL right now. Also, when downloading or copying the photo, it will get an .art extension as the only other option for file type. I had to wait till I was home last night to verify this.

I have saved jpg images at work onto my flash memory stick, taken them home and they open fine but if I right click them and try to save them to my computer (rather than click and drag them to the file) I still get the only option of using the .bmp extension.

When we first bought the computer, it worked just fine and would save the images but something has changed or corrupted since then

I'll try the microsoft page suggested and see what my results are.

Thanks