Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Huge Member
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one that's flown under the radar. Savage has come out with 450 BM bolt gun.

Been pining for a Ruger Ranch in 450 but the new Savage scout (and I am not a scout rifle fan) below is very nice looking and has iron sights.

·
Huge Member
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like the scout rifle would make a good guide rifle. Short, light with a big heavy bullet.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The Savage can't possibly be any crappier than the Ruger.
I ordered up a Ruger and about 5 minutes after pulling it out of the box, I turned around and put it up for sale.
The stock and magazine are so incredibly cheesy it's an embarassment to own.

·
Huge Member
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Savage can't possibly be any crappier than the Ruger.
I ordered up a Ruger and about 5 minutes after pulling it out of the box, I turned around and put it up for sale.
The stock and magazine are so incredibly cheesy it's an embarassment to own.
It's certainly minimalist but my nephew used his deer hunting this year on my property and it is accurate and works.

But I do agree is it rather cheapish. I wouldn't pay the going price right now but I would pay $300 which is what some of the other Americans are going for.

I think you'll see Ruger bring it out using AR mags as they have with other calibers. That should take flimsy mag issue. I think Boyd's offers a wood stock for it and Magpul may come out with a stock for it as well.

I wouldn't count on the Savage being much better however. It's gotta be at around the same price point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.