Saudi oil attacks an 'act of war' by Iran, not Yemen rebels, Pompeo claims

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 18, 2019.

1. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

No so fast. The president attacked Syria before Bolton came on board, and president Trump said that if the Saudis want to pay, we'll fight their war. And of course, he's a genius and what one knucklehead called "the greatest military mind since Genghis Kahn".

The thing that tweaks my curiosity is if the Saudis are paying us to fight their war, do our military people get to choose whether or not to go? If they go, do they get a higher salary, and if killed, do their families get extra benefits? If our military is going to become mercenaries hired out to the highest bidder, then maybe they deserve to be paid a little more.

And of course, if the Saudis are paying us to attack Iran, what if Iran counter offers? Are we obligated to go ahead with the attacks on Iran, or do we scrap plans, and give the Saudis a chance to counter offer.

Trump's a genius. Farming out our military for big bucks. But there seems like a lot of details to work out.

It just seems to me that seeing flag draped coffins coming back will be especially hard, knowing the CIC is fighting someone else's war for money. And especially if the families don't get any of that money.

2. Bradd D

Bradd D

The TDS is strong in this thread.

3. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

So? Iran is Shia and about to get nukes. The fear of Iran having nukes has driven the "moderate" muslim nations to get together and plan a common defense. It's even caused them to warm up to the Israelis. It could very well be that Saudi Arabia, Jordon, and Israel team up to knock Iran on it's ass. The three of them together have a much better chance. Saudi Arabia gave Israel overflight permission on their way to attack Iran's nuke sites.

Whatever US foreign policy becomes in the next several years, we will definitely want Saudi Arabia working against Iran, and not with them.

4. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

Questioning our military becoming mercenary is TDS? Saying our president shouldn't be insulting our allies in the ME is TDS? You Trumpovics are really lame.

I take it the "TDS" accusation is due to the lack of a reasoned argument as to why our military should stay out of a war in the ME, even if the Saudis are willing to "pay us an absolute fortune" as president Trump said.

It was a stupid thing for him to say, and you cannot defend it, so you fall back on the Trumpovic strength: name calling.

Lame, and not very bright. Why don't you try to come up with a reasonable argument instead of name calling?

5. Bradd D

Bradd D

Did I reference you specifically? Why so angry?

6. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Its worrisome, because we have always taken the position that we will make sure the world’s oil supply is safe. Well, that ‘is’ the world’s oil supply that got attacked and knocked offline for a few days. Sure, we’re an exporter now, but not for the world. I will bet that they are discussing some type of counter strike as we type. This is probably the fourth of fifth time that we know of that Iran has flexed their muscle since we got out of the nuclear deal with them. Like it or not, every strike they make that is not countered, only emboldens them. With the latest round of sanctions we’ve laid on them, they are against the wall. Almost nothing to lose? I don’t know........... but I just don’t see us sitting it out when Iran closes up the Gulf. And they’re probably crazy enough to do it.

army_eod and thewitt like this.
  7. Chui

Chui

You’ve no idea... but then thats EXACTLY why we are where we are.

Enjoy your ride. There are legions on that long train with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  8. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

We need to slap Iran hard for what they are doing. I am still looking for paybacks for 1979.

Jan R Whitaker likes this.
  9. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

It looks like President Trump is sending troops to Saudi.

10. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Which is why DJT has not raced to action on this. The Saudis have the money and weaponry to handle Iran. Reports indicate that Iran doesn’t even have the money to pay their military or law enforcement. If that’s close to being accurate, then they’re probably not in a position for an all out conflict. Perhaps current American policy is to try to bring the people of Iran to a point of desperation that civil war or a military coup may take place.

11. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

The Pentagon said on Friday that the US will deploy additional troops and military equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to beef up security, as President Donald Trump has at least for now decided against any immediate military attack on Iran in response to the attack on the Saudi oil industry.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said this is a first step, and he is not ruling out additional moves down the road. He said it's a response to requests from the Saudis and the UAE to help improve their air and missile defense.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...loyment-saudi-arabia-uae-190920222531776.html

12. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Suddenly, fracking is more profitable than ever!

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

fastbolt likes this.
  13. Chui

Chui

And they may be looking for payback for 1953...

Cuts both ways. I also recall the US downing an Iranian passenger aircraft in the late 1980s, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk