Saudi oil attacks an 'act of war' by Iran, not Yemen rebels, Pompeo claims

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TeaDub

TeaDub

Why do we sell actual weapons of war to this type country? I can see an argument to stop selling to ALL foreign countries. If there is no money to made by the military industrial complex, the number of conflicts would seem to drop. At least their lethality would.

Wait, I just answered my own question. Money would stop flowing.

mike from st pe likes this.
  2. Bradd D

Bradd D

This guy wouldn't be able to feed his family.

lordofwar.jpg

3. GlockPride

GlockPride M&P

The safe bet is the libs will bludgeon him either way because politics. If he attacks Iran, it’ll be ‘war mongerer’, defense/military industrial complex supporter, irreverent, doesn’t care about our men/women in uniform, etc.
    If he does nothing it will be he doesn’t support our interests, can’t/won’t stand up for allies, is weak and can pushed around. He doesn’t understand the gravity of the situation. Wants to see $5/gal gas so he can get rich, yadayadayada.

He’s damned either way.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  4. alien1

alien1

if we could eavesdrop the call.....

you remember that kashoggi thing.

Well we really didn’t believe you and all....

Maybe you need to fix your own problems this time around too

Call us if you get in over your head.

Oh btw we don’t like our journalist either but we don’t go around taking em out for telling the truth.

5. manfred the wonder d

manfred the wonder d

Iran already said if they were attactedby anyone they would target us operations.
    I say we get in the first punch.

6. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

If we take a swing, it's gotta be a knock out punch and make Tehran look like Great Abaco Island after Dorian came through.

7. Gundude

Gundude

There are plenty of options in between attacking Iran and doing nothing. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

If he handles this properly he has a chance to really distinguish himself from literally every President in recent history. (Not that he hasn't already, but this would be in a very positive way.) Given his reaction to previous provocations, he just might pull it off.

pjanthony likes this.
  8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I figured this was an Iranian attack. I can't imagine any reason "Yemeni rebels" would do it.

northslope66 likes this.
  9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Maybe take out a few dams and bridges while we are at it.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Deltic likes this.
  10. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

No way I would trust the intelligence community to give an honest and accurate assessment. I hope DJT can see through the bull **** and find the truth.

Regards
    Happyguy ;)

11. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

12. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

So you're saying Iran had no hand in this? What are you basing that on beyond some kind of blind devotion to DJT?

13. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

How you can make the jump from I don't trust the intel community that gave us "weapons of mass destruction" to blind devotion to DJT reveals more about you than you will ever know. It really is stupid of you and proves you are no more than a troll, and not a very good one at that.

Anyone who doesn't have a healthy skepticism of anything coming out of our intelligence community after the myriad of failures and outright lies in the last 50 years is a moron.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    northslope66 likes this.
  14. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Withdraw all overseas US troops, close all overseas US bases and torch them to the ground. Stop all foreign aid and stop selling US military hardware.
    September 11th terror attack, according to recently released documents was funded by Saudi Arabia (binLaden) and 19 of the hijackers were Saudis. Why is the USA kissing their flea infested behinds?
    Drill baby drill, frack that fossil fuel and keep the USA running. We the People do not need to put up with this crap.

pjanthony, FullClip and happyguy like this.
  15. Deltic

Deltic

Fixed it for you!

FullClip likes this.
  16. Chui

Chui

I’m not buying the premise that many are pushing on the public though many will accept it at face value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northslope66 and GlockPride like this.
  17. fastbolt

fastbolt

The House of Saud has experienced being on the end of a violent act by an avowed enemy. Their history indicates they're not unfamiliar with such things. Let them handle their problem. Just because it involves a shared enemy with us, that doesn't mean it must be a shared war.

Maybe Israel might make them a one-time offer of being given some very specialized military munitions to use in exacting their revenge against Iran (since the concept of a measured response doesn't seem to be part of those cultures). o_O

Russia and Europe might stand to lose significant access to oil/energy if both countries go up in flames (whether oil or nuclear fired), so let them handle these squabbling little kingdoms.

Maybe North Korea will get a glimpse of why they ought to reconsider their provocative antics and quit playing with fire.

Hey, better yet, let the UN send Peace Keepers and straighten it all out. Let the UN send a delegation and make pronouncements.

pjanthony and happyguy like this.
  18. Deltic

Deltic

I don't think an isolationist foreign policy is going to work in the modern world. Iran has a nuclear weapons program, ballistic missiles and a long record of terrorist activity. Their government cannot be trusted and should not be ignored.

19. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Isolation is not what I'm talking. Trading with equal partners is fine, being the world's police force should be off the table. No more treaties and foreign entanglements. While I'm at it run the United Nations out of the USA, and make that building into a BEAUTIFUL TRUMP TOWER!

Chui and pjanthony like this.
  20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That too.

For the standard fundamentalist wackos, Saudi Arabia is at the heart of their religion. For Jihadists to attack Saudi Arabia seems, from what I know, to be like zionists bombing Israel.