Saudi oil attacks an 'act of war' by Iran, not Yemen rebels, Pompeo claims

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 18, 2019.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Saudi oil attacks an 'act of war' by Iran, not Yemen rebels, Pompeo claims

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday doubled down on accusations Iran is responsible for the weekend bombing on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities, telling reporters that the strike was “an act of war.”

Pompeo, speaking from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, added that even if the "fraudulent claims" of responsibility by the Yemen Houthi rebels were true, "it doesn't change the fingerprints of the [Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei] as having put at risk the global energy supply."

His comments come hours after President Trump tweeted that he had ordered Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to “substantially increase sanctions” on Iran, amid escalating tensions between the two countries.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-oil-attack-act-of-war-iran-pompeo "

2. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

Let's hope the Saudi's get a coalition together, with our help,we can supply them if necessary,and counter attack Iran.We don't need to get involved militarily unless Iran pulls us into it.

czsmithGT likes this.

3. TeaDub

TeaDub

If it turns out to be true that the attack truly originated inside Iran by Iranian forces, then yes, that would be an act of war. Against Saudi Arabia.

I'm not aware of any mutual aid treaties we have signed with them. We sell them boatloads of hardware. Let THEM use it if they want.

NewWaveGuy, jstrange, CAcop and 5 others like this.
  4. GlockPride

GlockPride M&P

Never happen. Can’t you see that this is designed to pull us in from the start? All the rhetoric, the ship seizures, ‘Iran’s breaking the “rules” and now this. Saudi, Israel and no one will do any lifting. It’ll be nearly all US assets if it amounts to war. We are being led that way by forces that want this to happen. Now, whom might that be?

5. NMG26

NMG26

Said they didn't do it.

6. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Well, that's good. Now light 'em up Saudi Arabia!

source.gif

Lagamor and DonGlock26 like this.
  7. Bradd D

Bradd D

Sounds like a Saudi problem.

CAcop, czsmithGT, GlockAndMan and 7 others like this.
  8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Time for the Saudis to put on an air show.

9. bdcochran

bdcochran

Wow! Exclamations from the right and the left.
    1. There are always proxy wars going on all over the world. You don't have to have a formal declaration of war. Or, you simply have "advisors", "trainers", "observers", "non munitions supplies", "financial support".
    2. "Saudi, Israel and no one will do any lifting." Not accurate. Do your own research. The Saudis have been sending troops/planes south for years. They have money. They spend the money on munitions purchased from various sources including the US. Recently, Israel, in coordination with the USA has been attacking Iranian backed militias in Iraq and Syria.
    3. Here is a 2016 article for everyone to read. https://news.usni.org/2016/04/04/u-s-navy-seizes-suspected-iranian-arms-shipment-bound-for-yemen
    I took a quick look for the seizure of 17,000 ak47s that were seized going from Iran to Yemen, but was unsuccessful.
    4. Iran has been smuggling arms and dumping them in the Sudan to be taken north to Egypt and then to Gaza - and Israel has been intercepting for years.
    5. None of what is read in the sensationalized news just happened. It has been going on for years.
    Reflective question: For years, the United States of America supplied munitions, intelligence, training and even missiles to non-government forces in Afghanistan to be used against the Soviet Union. Were those acts of war? Of course they were! Just like Iran supplying government or non-government forces in Yemen with drones/munitions to be used against Saudi Arabia. Just get over it.

10. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

It's the Saudi's problem.

Jade Falcon, Bring_it!, P99er and 3 others like this.
  11. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Yup...time for the Saudi shiehks and sultans to deal with their neighbors...not the USA, except to sell them stuff and keep them in bullets.
    Bad thing is I think Iran would kick their robed butts without breaking a sweat if it comes down to it.

12. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

B996EDFA-2666-48D9-AB5E-0506173E0F7D.png

I agree with President Trump and I hope he does not change his mind on this.

13. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

We've spent trillions of dollars and lost thousands of lives fighting wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. Enough. I'm sure Iran has worked something out with Russia and China, and would ask for immediate assistance if they should be attacked. It will be a real mess. The Saudis have money coming out their asses and are armed to the teeth. Let them fight this war. We can provide the tools and maybe some advisers (yeah, I know how Vietnam started), but we should not have troops on the ground or our pilots in the air over Iran. No way.

14. thewitt

thewitt

Gee you think maybe the billions of dollars the US leftists sent Iran, and the multiple trips by the various politician traitors into Iran have had something to do with this latest attempt to put Trump over a barrel?

15. Deltic

Deltic

Not in an air battle they won't. The Saudis have top quality modern weapons and the Iranians have 40+ year old planes with no spare parts. On land it might be different but they don't have a land border.

J-Doo likes this.
  16. fiasconva

fiasconva

If the Saudis don't have the balls to defend themselves with the billions of dollars in assets we give then it's their problem. Why should we jeopardize American lives for oil we don't need while they expect us take care of them again. It's time for the "Go Gettem America!" to stop. It's their fight so let them do it. If they don't want to then they can suffer the consequences.

17. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

I never understood why the US is always expected to act in defense of others. We should let the Saudis, Jordan, and the other "moderate" kingdoms ban together and reduce Iran to ashes. Sure, we can provide some stuff, but let them take care of business.

Times like these I'm glad Bolton is gone.

czsmithGT, pjanthony and jeanderson like this.
  18. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

The Saudis may have the neatest planes in the world, but who is gonna' fly them for them??
    Hard to tell what the Iranians have been given from China and/or Russia.

After the original OPEC embargo, and "when some people did something" on 9/11/01, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for our Saudi "friends".

With the political issues in Israel right now, it's hard to say what they will do if the camel dung hits the fan over there.

19. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

Here is a plan. Nuke Iran and Saudi Arabia at the same time.
    Done.
    They all suck.

happyguy and mike from st pe like this.
  20. Deltic

Deltic

I wouldn't mind if we gave the Saudis all the air launched missiles needed to destroy every electric power plant within 400 miles of the Iranian uranium enrichment plants.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Jade Falcon, happyguy and FullClip like this.